Sign in to follow this  
Guest melf12

Missing 2 Default Airports

Guest melf12

I'm 'missing' 2 Default Airport from my fs9 installation = Bahrain and Kuwait.Could someone tell me which FS2004 CD they would be on, please?Ken

If they were included by MS in FS2004 you can use the following resources to locate them:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip Compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.Hope this helps.

The most common cause of missing airports is some scenery program has removed or renamed a default file.There are two (2) default airports in Bahrain - OBBI & OBBS - and they are located in the SceneryAsiaSceneryAP961220.bgl file. That file also includes the airports: OIBJ, OEBQ, OEAA, OEDF, OEDR, OEJB, OE0G, Z26T, OETN & OERT.There are four (4) default airports in Kuwait - OKBK, OKAS, OKAJ & Z19M. They are located in the same folder in the file AP960210.BGL. That file also includes the airports: OIAA, OI0J, OR0U, ORMM, Z16B, OR1M, OR1D, Z16N, OEPA & OE0B

Guest melf12

Hello David, Reggie,Thank you for your replies, using a combination of them maybe I can solve my problem.I have found my way into FS 2004 Disc 4, opened the ASIA .zip and found AP961220.bgl - ok so far. Now I have it in mind to Extract it to my fs9/scenery/ASIA/scenery folder. If I do that it will/should overwrite my existing file. Is that the way ahead for me? I would then do the same for AP960210.Ken

Backup, Backup, Backup - be sure to make a backup of the file which is currently in your FS folder before replacing it.If replacing the file does not solve the issue - then it is probably an exclude area from another scenery.Since a misplaced decimal point or a + or - sign error in a scenery anywhere in the world can cause that effect - it is harder to find - but usually widely reported it it impacts a popular airport.

I would suggest putting it a temporary folder first - then making a backup of the file you now have before replacing the file. It is simply too easy to get the wrong file and/or overwrite a good one as the files names are often so similar.Good Luck.

Guest melf12

Thank you for your replies; as well creating backups to an independent folder I'll backup the whole fs9 partition to a DVD. Belt and braces job :)Ken

Guest melf12

Hello David, Reggie,Well, I replaced the 2 .bgl files, after carrying out the backup procedure, but the result is the same? Still Bahrain and Kuwait Airports are 'missing'! Info from the FS2004 No.4 CD must be kosher, so I must have some sort of 'bug' in the works.Ken

Okay - what are you using to search for / find the airports?Are you using AFCAD, or just trying to go to the airport in FS2004?Can you find any of the other airports I listed above as being in the same files?Do you know, or did you ever have any addon scenery for those airports?

Guest melf12

Hi Reggie,I tried both AFCAD/AFX and FS 2004, without success.Bahrain is now installed again and working, I restored it from a previous backup. Now I'm tracking Kuwait, which is still AWOL!I'm using the WindowsXP Search engine.No I cannot 'see' those other airports you mentioned?Ken

Guest melf12

David, Reggie,I don't know how to tell you this......except that it hurts me much more than it does you!!Problem all along stems from the fact some weeks ago, I unchecked Asia in the fs9/scenery library???Is it safe to come out yet??? :)Ken

>David, Reggie,>>I don't know how to tell you this......except that it hurts me>much more than it does you!!>>Problem all along stems from the fact some weeks ago, I>unchecked Asia in the fs9/scenery library???>>>>Is it safe to come out yet??? :)>>KenNaughty, naughty.20 Lashes With a Wet Flight Plan!Now that is likely something none of us would have thought to have you check. Glad the problem is solved.

Guest melf12

No! no! not a Wet flight plan :)I don't suppose there are many who would think about unchecking scenery areas in the Library.What I don't understand is...Dubai and Abu Dhabi continued to show up, and both of them are in the Middle East; so Asia should apply to them also?Anyway, thank you for your help,Ken

FlightSim caches scenery and many other things - like AI flights.It never clears cached items well. This sometimes keeps inactive scenery areas 'active'.

Guest melf12

Hi Reggie,Is there a way of 'forcing' clearance of the fs9 cache? Such as clearing the Browser caches?Ken