Sign in to follow this  
phmcr

updating AI file with MFC notepad

I am hoping someone has a clue.I update my AI traffic file using the MFC option. It worked like a charm. Better, easier and quicker than using Notepad. Until now.I am wondering if I have crossed a maximum size limit as since this file has grown to be over 16 Mb copying new AI schedules into it leads to only part of that information being pasted. It is copied as a whole, but pastes only about half. Trying again, results in it breaking off somewhere else.Only using Notepad again seems to help to overcome this, but than, having a 16 Mb file in Notepad results in very long processing times.Am i correct and has the file grown beyond its limits? I welcome your thoughts!Thanks,Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Have you tried using Wordpad instead of Notepad?Generally it works better on large files.

David, thank you for your reply, but the MFC option actually is Wordpad. This program now seems to be at the end of its limits.Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

May I ask, why have just one traffic file?FS will recognize many traffic files so why not split it up into smaller, more manageable chunks?

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Interesting thought. Never thought of that. Nor actually expected that to work.Will try. Thanks!Menno

Menno