Sign in to follow this  
JanMartinHamburg

AFCADs & Model Radius Scheme Preference

Hi Folks :) As you possibly know, every aircraft in FS has a model radius. Small aircraft have small radius values, heavies have larger radius values. Without airline parking codes provided by downloadable AFCADs, small aircraft will preferably use 'GATE SMALL', medium aircraft 'GATE MEDIUM' and heavies would go to 'GATE HEAVY'. There is no general standard, but many different radius values amongst all the different aircraft models. The PAI AFCAD division has developed a radius scheme years ago. PAI radiused all its downloadable models available with their airline-packages according to the scheme, and PAI AFCAD designers created their AFCADs also according to the scheme. Together with realistic AI timetables, a perfect system for a realistic AI experience very close to the real world situation! Here is the updated AI Aircraft Radius Table (including the 'How To Radius A Model' section): http://de.geocities.com/janswebsites/fligh...-radiusing.html Nowadays, most AI models come from Aardvark, EvolveAI, AlphaIndiaGroup, TheFruitStand, and the like, all with any radius value, many small aircraft with values too big to fit to a 'GATE SMALL' provided by downloadable AFCAD files for example. Some other folks have created their own radius schemes meanwhile (for example Samuel Arnold for FS9, or Reggie Field for FSX), and I just wanted to know, which Model Radius Scheme do you prefer, if you radius your models at all for better working AI traffic? Thanks & RegardsJan

Definitely the PAI Recommended Radius Specification. Plus some tweaks/additions. (Such as the AIA E-Jets, which I've kept at the radius given to it by the dev. So my 'regional' gates go up to 19 now, just so that the 170/175 will park there. 190 remains at 21 and the 195 at 23.) All my AI Aircraft conform to it and all my Afcads do to. Works like a charm.Very nice table, I've been wanted to make something for my own personal use for a while now.

Mike...

JanI use PAI standard for the model.mdl and the parking spot size. I also include with my uploads the PAI standard document and explain in the readme that the Users plane model radius must agree with what I have done. When needed I use your PAI updated version for some of the newer AI planes that have come out since FS9 was released.For FSX I use most of Reggie's wingspan work as the standard with a few minor tweaks when needed. Again many AI FS9 planes ported over to FSX do not have the correct wingspan or the correct Empty Weight listed in the aircraft.cfg.