Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Wind arrow (which direction)

Hello AllThe little arrow that you get in most jet airliners to indicate wind direction....Can you help me with this..If the arrow was pointing north would that indicate that the wind is coming from the north or would it coming from south.Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

An arrow pointing north indicates that the wind is "blowing" to the north i. e. it is coming from the south.Wolfgang

Thanks WolfgangAnd would they read like that in all planes.?(i would imagine in the real world they would)I am sure my 737 ng (PSPanels freeware very nice) wind arrow points in the direction the wind is actually coming from ie if pointing north the wind is actually coming from the north(not blowing from the south as you describe)Still thanks for your reply.Cheers Andy

Hello againI suppose one way to check would be to see which runway you are assigned on toff or land and check the arrow, as you takeoff and land (usually anyway)into the wind.I fact i will jolly well do that!:-) Andy

Andy, you can also cross-check wind direction by pressing Shift-Z, wind information will come up along with FPS, fuel, coordinates, etc.Usually though the wind arrow will indicate the direction from which the wind is blowing.

>Andy, you can also cross-check wind direction by pressing>Shift-Z, wind information will come up along with FPS, fuel,>coordinates, etc.>>Usually though the wind arrow will indicate the direction from>which the wind is blowing. >>HelloI know about shift z,actually i can't get it at the moment as i have disabled all text messages in fs9.I do know that when i used the PSPanels (and before i disabled messages)there was a discrepancy between what fs9(shift z) showed and what the wind arrow showed.Anyway as Wolfgang said if the arrow is pointing north that indicates the the wind is coming from the south.Would you agree with that?cheers Andy

>Anyway as Wolfgang said if the arrow is pointing north that>indicates the the wind is coming from the south.Would you>agree with that?Andy,I absolutely would :)

>>>Anyway as Wolfgang said if the arrow is pointing north that>>indicates the the wind is coming from the south.Would you>>agree with that?>>Andy,>>I absolutely would :)>>Thanks guysI know it seems like an idiot question,but i had to be sure.Sometimes the simplest of concepts take ages to to enter my ageing grey matter.thanksAndy:-)