Sign in to follow this  
Guest cdog423

What the heck is this

Guest cdog423

I was flying from KIAH to KACT and once at cruise altitude of 10000 ft I came across this. I usually fly jets high so I dont know how long this has been here. I dont have any addon scenery in this area. Anyone seen this before.Thanks CDOG

I think it is a mesh problem.Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Guest belga1

Hello,A bad "Easter egg" from FS2004 :)On Avsim it's some correction files for FS2004 .. maybe one will fit this aera ?Cheers.

Guest cdog423

This is obviously a new problem never seen it before. All my flights start in Houston so im Sure I would have experienced it before. How would I fix a mesh problem

Guest cdog423

This is obviously a new problem never seen it before. All my flights start in Houston so im Sure I would have experienced it before. How would I fix a mesh problem

>This is obviously a new problem never seen it before. All my>flights start in Houston so im Sure I would have experienced>it before. How would I fix a mesh problemTry disabling all your Mesh files and see if the problem goes away.That would at least confirm if it is indeed a Mesh problem.The simplest way is to change the file name by adding an extension like BAK or ORIG - something FS will not try to process.Good luck.

I flew this traject myself but saw only an unusually high radio antenna about half way between KIAH and KACT, on the edge of a forrest. See picture. I have no addons whatsoever for that area.However, your "spike" which looks more like a very high "mountain" with a very narrow base, can be caused by a mesh error contained in any addon piece of scenery, even in a totally different area. I think the only way to root out this error is to land any simple aircraft (Cessna) somewhere "in the bush" near this spike and then save the situation as a flight. Then de-activate the top half of your addon sceneries in your FS scenery library, restart FS and then your saved flight to see if the spike is still there. If it is then re-activate all your de-activated sceneries again and de-activate the bottom half. Open your saved flight and have another look. If the spike has now disappeared you know the problem is somewhere in the bottom half of your addon sceneries. Then re-activate half of the de-activated addons and keep repeating this process untill you have narrowed it down to the offending addon itself. Do this only with addon sceneries and not with any of the original FS scenery folders.You then need to do the same with the ".bgl" files in the offending addon scenery folder by renaming the "bgl" parts one by one to e.g. XXX.Yes, it could be a tedious process but it's the only way.Good luckHans

Guest cdog423

Thanks for the responses. Been without power for a awhile becasue of Hurricane IKE. I think Ill try a few things and then if it doesnt get fixed then I am not going to worry about it. Thanks for the help.cdog