Sign in to follow this  
postpone

Real Trojan or false alarm..?

Hi folks,Had this warning come when I switched on this morning:Trojan horse PSW.Generic6.ABC FS9/104_uninstall.exeAVG gave the warning and I used 'heal' to put it in the virus vault,I'm sure I have seen a post before re false alarms with AVG althoughI came up with nothing on a search here.File is commercial item and I have had no such warnings before, item has been installed for sometime now.Any thoughts on this would be most welcome, thanks in advance.Steve

Guest belga1

Hello""File is commercial item and I have had no such warnings before, item has been installed for sometime now.""Sure it's a false alarm.I suppose you update on a regular basis .. your antivirus database."no such warning before"Certainly in one of the updates is a new finger print who trigger this false detection.Make a search on Google with the trojan name and you will see no results :)Cheers.

Hi,Appreciate your reply and help, yes update is auto and every day, I did a full scan aferwards just to check pc out and no threats, as it is an uninstall file I could leave it in the vault so as not to trigger further false alarm and only move file back should I wish to remove addon ...?thanks again for your thoughts,Steve

Guest belga1

Hello,""only move file back should I wish to remove addon ...?""Certainly a good solution.Cheers.