Sign in to follow this  
Guest kencr

AI Flightplans

Guest kencr

Hi. I have a question regarding AI flightplanning programs.Does anyone know of a program which can:a) produce a listing of installed flightplans and the aircraft they are assigned toOR:( allows the user to highlight a specific AI aircraft and display a listing of the flightplans that aircraft is assigned to

>Hi. I have a question regarding AI flightplanning programs.>>Does anyone know of a program which can:>>a) produce a listing of installed flightplans and the>aircraft they are assigned to>>OR>>:( allows the user to highlight a specific AI aircraft and>display a listing of the flightplans that aircraft is assigned>to>>You might check out ACA2005 - Aircraft Analyzer 2005http://aifs.pvdveen.net/index.htmlIt will do some, if not all of what you are seeking.

Guest kencr

Thanks David,I've been using ACA 2005 for some time - only thing is, it won't produce a listing of installed flightplans as I quoted in a).It will display the flightplans each aircraft is assigned to, but it doesn't do it all the time. For instance, the packages from World of AI create their own aircraft and assign them automatically to the flightplans also contained in those packages. Using ACA 2005 I looked at some of the aircraft which were created by one of these packages, but no FP's were listed for those aircraft.I was going to contact the author about that problem, but I suspect he's too busy answering questions about AIFP, another flight planner.

Guest contrail

Sorry, somewhat on topic here, but is there a way to read the aircraft.txt for AI aircraft in order to grab the individual aircraft folders for those aircraft only? I usually create AI from timetables(fall/spring)for all US flights(well, airline anyway)and would like to be able to make a WOAI type backup which includes the AI aircraft.txt, flightplan.txt, airports.txt and also a COPY of all the aircraft folders used by the AI aircraft.txt(to include just the basic files/folders needed(MODEL,TEXTURE,.air,aircraft.cfg)I have so many aircraft in my AIRCRAFT folder it would take forever to go through and pick out the ones used for my AI(649 at last count)...just looking for a shortcut.

>Sorry, somewhat on topic here, but is there a way to read the>aircraft.txt for AI aircraft in order to grab the individual>aircraft folders for those aircraft only? I usually create AI>from timetables(fall/spring)for all US flights(well, airline>anyway)and would like to be able to make a WOAI type backup>which includes the AI aircraft.txt, flightplan.txt,>airports.txt and also a COPY of all the aircraft folders used>by the AI aircraft.txt(to include just the basic>files/folders needed(MODEL,TEXTURE,.air,aircraft.cfg)>>I have so many aircraft in my AIRCRAFT folder it would take>forever to go through and pick out the ones used for my AI(649>at last count)...just looking for a shortcut. You might take a look at this shareware program:http://www.download25.com/useful-file-util...s-download.htmlI have used it for operations similar to what you describe and it worked well for me.

Guest H_Kev55

yRoute will show you what aircraft are assigned to a particular flightplan. You must point yRoute to that flightplan first though. It will not show you what flightplan is assigned to an aircraft..unless you have everything compiled into 1 flightplan...KJ