Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brentmt

SCREEN GOES BLACK WITH VISTA(64)

Guest Brentmt

I just switched over to VISTA (64-bit) and installed FS9. I then went ahead and installed FSUIPC. I launched FS9 and went and just launched a quick flight to see what would happen. Everything works great until i go and try to access the FSUIPC options. I click on the menu for FSUIPC and the whole screen goes black. My cursor will show up as if there is a menu there but i cannot see anything. I pressed escape and it takes me back to the cockpit. I went ahead and installed my PMDG products and the same thing occurs when i try to access the menu for PMDG. If i try to access the regular options, for instance display settings, the screen does not go black.Has anyone had this problem? I don't know what to do to fix this. I reinstalled FS9 and the same problem occurs. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Click right on FS9 icon before you start FS, compatibility, disable desktop composition and maybe disable themes. I have problems running FS9 with Aero...

Guest Brentmt

Tried your fix and nothing happened. I did try turning off aliasing in FS9 and that fixed my problem, but of course the graphics went down the drain. I think i will resort to installing xp 64-bit and having 2 operating systems. There has to be some kind of fix out there.

Try flicking between Full Screen mode and Windowed mode - i.e. Alt Enter

ngxu_banner.png

I have the same problem. I've not found anything that works. Some things work flawlessly in Vista, others never work properly. It's very frustrating.

I have the same problem. It stopped happening when I changed the Theme from Vista to Windows Classic. The menus look like old Windows 95 but I have tried and tried to duplicate the problem and so far it hasn't come back. This computer is a FS only computer but my old computer has a dual boot setup with XP and Vista. I tried FS9 on both and it works fine in XP and has the problem in Vista with the exact same hardware. I should mention the FS computer has a nvidia 8600GTS and the other one with the dual boot setup has two nvidia 8800GTS cards.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Tried your fix and nothing happened. I did try turning off aliasing in FS9 and that fixed my problem, but of course the graphics went down the drain. I think i will resort to installing xp 64-bit and having 2 operating systems. There has to be some kind of fix out there.
No need to have AA on inside FS9, just use Nhancer and force AA from there.

I've had fun with Vista 64 myself. I had these same problems. My operating system finally would not function in some areas. I had to do a system recovery. since that time, the black screens went away. I'm not suggesting that you do this, but be warned that something deep inside of Vista may be damaged. This is absolutely the most unstable and frustrating operating system that I have ever seen. Nobody, even microsoft, seems to have any real answers for this software. Good luck!

Nevermind my last post. Problems back. Works one day, not the next.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg