Sign in to follow this  
bucifan

Wilco CRJ question....

Having had this since it came out, and not having used it in awhile, I can't remember if this was ever possible. I couldn't find any answers on the old Feelthere forum either.I'm not talking about SID's/STAR's, but approaches. Were you ever able to select on the FMS an approach to a runway (whether it was an ILS, VOR, RNAV, like the default GPS), and have the path show up on the MFD? I have an updated AIRAC from Navigraph, and have SID's/Star's, transitions, and show runways, but no approaches. If this IS possible, then I might have screwed up my data.Thanks!Rick

Hi Rick.in a nutshell, No.But, what I tend to do is create the flight-plan in something like FS Navigator, then save it. Then all I have to do is open the flight plan in FS's own flight planner window, and select it. Then in the Wilco planes you just select "Import FS Flight Plan" and you will have your plan there, complete with SID/STAR.Hope this helps.

Thanks Steve, but I can choose and select SID's/STAR's from the FMC, and they will insert into the flight plan. What I was asking was about the runway selection and the approach to that runway. If you open and look at the "procs.ftd", you will see the airports listed with the runways, and the different types of approaches (ILS,LOC,RNAV,VOR) for that particular a/p. But in the FMC, it will show the STAR's, Transitions, and the list of runways. I can find no way to have it show the different approaches to the listed runways. I guess I'm surprised because the default GPS can choose approaches, and I thought I read where the Wilco CRJ was based on the default GPS, except for a few things.I have access to both AIRAC's from Terry Yingling, and also from Navigraph. Is one better for the CRJ. In one of Terry's notams, he talks about how he had to insert waypoints every 10 degrees for arcs. So I assumed from that, that the approach paths would be drawn on the MFD.As I said, I haven't used this for awhile, but I thought the approach paths were able to be done!Thanks again!Rick