Sign in to follow this  
alsummers

FS9 moaning about FSSound.dll despite cfg edit?

Morning all.Fresh FS2004 install, and despite adding the 'old modules' bit into FS9.cfg, upon loading, FS is still moaning that I have fssound.dll and that it will be disabled.As always, any help appreciated. I should mention that my new FS2004 install is on Vista 64 Ultimate.Regards,Al.

Guest RonB49

Hi Al,If I were you, I'd chack my work in the Fs9.cfg file. Mine looks like this:[OLDMODULES]fssound.dll=1And it works fine.R-

And also, I have no clue about Vista but in XP some folks had an issue with editing the wrong fs9.cfg because each XP user account had it's own copy. Make sure you're adding the [OLDMODULES] section to .cfg that corresponds to your windows user account.You may try "Start > Run" and then paste the following in to the run box which was a sure-fire method in XP, possibly it will work in Vista as well:notepad "%appdata%microsoftfs9fs9.cfg"Jim

I do not run Vista but understand you must have your "permissions" set properly in order for Vista to accept changes you may make to various files and folders.

Many thanks for the advice guys.I get the feeling its as you are suggesting, and a file permissions type problem with Vista.I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it!Al.