Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Adding Updates to Ground Environment II Pro

Not knowing this cost me 5 hours of frustration and searching:I had been using GE Pro vr 2.06 for a number of years. Then they came out with update vr 2.11 and I downloaded and installed it. My frame rates went down to 4-6 and I Uninstalled the 2.11 update and continued using vr 2.06 for a couple of years. The other day I noticed that there was a NEW update GE Pro II vr 2.13 and I tried to install it but got a nasy message and it would not install. After messing with it for hours, I accidentally found, in the guts of the program (GE Pro), a message that you must install vr 2.11 BEFORE installing vr 2.13. I did this and had no futher problem. Why didn't they tell me this on the SAME page that the vr 2.13 download was on ??????? They could have saved me a LOT of trouble. Sometime you have to install consecutive vrs of an update and sometimes you do not. jerrycwo4

jerry, take a chillpill ;-)i think the newest flight1 installer installs directly update 2.13. you also *could* read the forums, they have all the needed info.and its always the safest way to install consecutively.wish you a nice day!

No prescription from me. Because this:> Why didn't they tell me this on the SAME page that the vr 2.13 > download was on ??????? They could have saved me a LOT of trouble.Makes perfect sense. I mean, how difficult is it to add a line "version x required"?;-)

Mike...

My biggest complaint about simming is that many flight sim addon developers are the WORST technical writers in the world. And the worst writers are always the first to jump on you at their support forums to "RTFM" and treat you like a lazy dope because you didn't find a one line statemement in a 60 page manual after already searching for 2 1/2 hours. IMHO, Most of "TFM"s could be 1/2 as long as they are. Indeed -- "LHTPEY" -- Learn How To Proofread and Edit Yourself"! :-D