Sign in to follow this  
graemeb

FS DreamTeam release KJFK

Ahh fooey, I had been waiting for an updated ORD for awhile, also JFK hasn't been done by payware since Airport2000. Cha ching, I will buy anything from this company the first day...Great Stuff!!I will be first in line for DFW as well!Cheers,Scott

I'm not sure if there's a glitch but since I already own KORD I decided to add Zurich to my JFK purchase, and was pleasantly surprised to find I was only charged for Kennedy!! Maybe the deal is retroactive?Either way I would've been glad to pay for both these guys make some top shelf stuff! I now own all of their C9 products and the new FSDT ones, I somehow feel complete...Ahh who am I kidding now I want KDFW to be released!

Well, for me it was a good deal and FSDreamteam HAS made some money because of their offer. I didn't own O'Hare or Zurich before (been using the freeware version), but this offer made me get all three airports. With all due respect, I don't see why such an offer is considered a bad business decision? If the airport is well made and you enjoy it, then the team deserve the money they are (were) getting... I bought RFP waaaaay back and have never regretted it even when it went freeware. Same with Bill Lyons creations.Back to the KJFK... it is wonderful, I especially love the ground textures and night lighting. FPS are also surprisingly high considering the area and the size of the thing. Hm... have we ever had it this good? I don't think so. Hardware has more than caught up with FS9, there are still quality add-ons being produced for it, the community is large and healthy. What more would we want? I am having the time of my (simulated) life. :)Regards,Jure

>With all due respect, I don't see>why such an offer is considered a bad business decision? It's not. It's just not fair. It's what the cell phone and cable TV companies have been doing for years, giving breaks to new customers because . . . "they're NEWWWWW".I'm a perfect example. Without this deal, I NEVER would have considered buying any of their other sceneries, thinking frame rate friendly KJFK was perhaps a fluke. But because of this deal, they got me to immediately SPEND $34.00 USD more than I had at first anticipated (kaching) and now I'm considering buying even more of their stuff (kaching kaching).Actually, I fell right into their trap. THOSE FIENDS!!

"Actually, I fell right into their trap. THOSE FIENDS!!":-dohFS Dreamteam has it in spades as far as I am concerned. My computer can't believe it is running OK with all the scenery it is displaying when I am on final to Ohare. I try to tell it..."it will be fine, just keep going", and we make it in every time with good frames and all sliders maxed!! PS...I only talk to my comuter when I am alone...Ha!!!Cheers,Scott

Guest flightsimmernick

>>With all due respect, I don't see>>why such an offer is considered a bad business decision? >>It's not. It's just not fair. It's what the cell phone and>cable TV companies have been doing for years, giving breaks to>new customers because . . . "they're NEWWWWW".I totally agree with all the above points. Great business decision really. I can see that it is a little harsh for exisiting customers, however the offer does exactly what it is supposed to.... entice new customers to purchase all their scenery products.Existing customers know how well FSDS does there scenery so when a new product is released, they are likely to return and part with there cash and an offer like this just tempts newer customers that dont have the previous sceneries to part with more cash then they might of planned if they had just intended to buy JFK. >Actually, I fell right into their trap. THOSE FIENDS!!Thinking about it and very tempted myself. Was about to purchase KORD a couple of months ago but held off, now its looking like it might pay off.Will have to plan more transatlantic's!

Excellent now if we can just get FSDT to make Las Vegas we would be in business :) I have lot's on very hi-res pics of McCarran for them or any scenery developer to use :)John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Early adopters usually end up paying more than those who wait, and it looks like this is no exception. Although I took advantage of the 3-for-2 deal in this case, I'm sure I'll be left out when they release DFW. It would be nice if they offered a discount for previous customers, like Radar Contact did for V4. Still, I'm grateful that anybody's making new content for FS9, as I'll be using it for many years to come. Sceneries like KJFK make that prospect pretty painless.John G.

John G.

There is a nice freeware KLAS here at AVSIM by MD1 called mccarran2008.zip with an update m1dg_update_pack.zip.I also have a gorgeous one called "Project Las Vegas.zip" by Kylan Walters and Marcus Mosby at hypnostudios.com but that domain name is no longer any good. Try to find it here if you can. If you can't, pm or email me.

Word of warning: Don't wait until final approach to discover that registration for KORD is automatic! You must enter the user code they email you BEFORE attempting to land.Take it from me. ;-)

Does anyone know why my A/C lined up on the wrong side of the jetway at Gate M12 at KORD and why some of the AI are parked INSIDE the terminal? From reading at their forums, the AFCAD that comes with the package seems flawed.

Hi,I had the same problem, I just reinstalled KORD right over the previous install. I also had to rename a KORD tweak file.This was after spending hours upon hours of checking AF2 files as well as my scenery.cfg.The reinstall of KORD got rid of my problem.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi, Mike!>>I also had to rename a KORD tweak file.May I ask which one? 'Cause this is annoying. I had the same problem landing at KJFK just now -- ILS was off about 5 degrees? What the heck gives? :")