Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Captain

WoAI airlines don't show - Vista problem?

Guest The Captain

New comupter with 64bit Vista & FS9 (working OK) but none of the WoAI I've installed show up (like they do on my old Dell with XP) so I wonder if there's a compatability probem here? I tried to install .NET Framework 2 (as advised by WoAI for the Installer to work) but it wouldn't install as it said it's not 64bit compatible. I have airlines in the aircraft folder so it appears to be working. Oh - default AI are flying. I'd be grateful for any help.Thanks,Terry.

>New comupter with 64bit Vista & FS9 (working OK) but none of>the WoAI I've installed show up (like they do on my old Dell>with XP) so I wonder if there's a compatability probem here? >I tried to install .NET Framework 2 (as advised by WoAI for>the Installer to work) but it wouldn't install as it said it's>not 64bit compatible. I have airlines in the aircraft folder>so it appears to be working. Oh - default AI are flying. >>I'd be grateful for any help.>Thanks,>Terry.Did you check in your Scenery/World/scenery subfolder to see if the traffic files which should have been created by the WOAI installer actually were created there? They will have traffic as part of the name and include the airline name also.Without them, no WOAI traffic will display.

Guest The Captain

Hi Dave. That's just what I've been doing! I looked in Scenery/world/scenery & there were no flight bgl files there. So I went to my old Dell & copied the folder to the new Vista computer (AWD-IT GPC36 E8600 Overclocked Intel E8600 Core 2 Duo @ 4.0Ghz 6MB Cache 1333FSB CPU / Asus P5Q Pro Intel P45 Crossfire DDR2 Motherboard / ATI 4870 512Mb / OCZ 4GB DDR2 PC8500 1066Mhz Memory / 500Gb SATA Hard Drive / 22x DVD-RW/Vista 64bit.)& all the aircraft appeared. My question is though - where did the installer put them? I assumed it would have placed them where it should have but No.Thanks for that observation though. The good news is that FS ROCKS& is solid at 35FPS at big airports & is as smooth as silk, so I popped FSX in & that runs at 28-30 FPS unlocked. I still like FS9 best though

>Hi Dave. That's just what I've been doing! I looked in>Scenery/world/scenery & there were no flight bgl files there. >So I went to my old Dell & copied the folder to the new Vista>computer (AWD-IT GPC36 E8600 Overclocked Intel E8600 Core 2>Duo @ 4.0Ghz 6MB Cache 1333FSB CPU / Asus P5Q Pro Intel P45>Crossfire DDR2 Motherboard / ATI 4870 512Mb / OCZ 4GB DDR2>PC8500 1066Mhz Memory / 500Gb SATA Hard Drive / 22x>DVD-RW/Vista 64bit.)& all the aircraft appeared. My question>is though - where did the installer put them? >I assumed it would have placed them where it should have but>No.>>Thanks for that observation though. The good news is that FS>ROCKS>& is solid at 35FPS at big airports & is as smooth as silk, so>I popped FSX in & that runs at 28-30 FPS unlocked. I still>like FS9 best though >>>My guess is that it did not place them anywhere - that is never completed it's job. I believe you said you could not install the Net framework as it was incompatible with your 64 bit system. That might be what would cause the WOAI installer to not complete it's work.You might try the MS site to see if there is a version of Net Framework which is compatible and install it.Keep us posted - especially if you discover the answer.

>Hi All,>>Vista comes with .NET3.0.>>Try right clicking on the WOAI icon and run As Administrator.>>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/The WOAI installer states:quote:You need the Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 to make the installer work!end quoteIf that is true, then Net3 will not work with the installer.It is my understanding that the various .Net framework programs are not updates as the numbers would imply, but rather are stand alone versions and various programs are designed to use specific versions.I have four versions installed on my setup for example.If running as administrator does not solve the problem perhaps someone from WOAI will see this thread and offer some suggestions.

Microsoft .NET 2.0 is included with Vista 64. No need to install any of the .NET versions in Vista as they are part of the operating system. If you type "NET 2.0" in the search box on the start button in Vista it will point to the executable. Both 32 bit and 64 bit versions are included with Vista 64.Todd