Sign in to follow this  
Guest XQ-NUE

Using 2 runways at the same time? Is this possible?

Guest XQ-NUE

Hello,is there any possibility to make two runways in use at the same time. In FS only runways that have the same heading are able to be in use at the same time but not runways with a different heading. Is there any chance to make it possible?I am asking because in some Avsim Afcad files is written that f.e. LOWW both Runway are now able to be in use at the same time. I wonder how this is done.Thx for answers

Hi, try googling the afcad star method. The star method involves creating as many tiny runways (offset by 7 degrees each) as is needed to make FS9 think two crossing runways are actually parallel.Cheers,Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Guest XQ-NUE

Hi,unfortunately google does not find good results. There are only 2 results describing the solution for this but unfortunately this links are not working anymore.Do you know a link I can read something about it?

Try a search for star technique on these forums, both FS9 and FSX. Plenty of results. Maybe search for fake runways also.

Mike...

Maybe I don't understand the Question, but I'm Using Jim Vile's AFCAD for Miami (KMIA) and I've got Aircraft taking off and Landing on all runways simultaneously. I understand there are AFCAD's for most of the Major Airports that address this same Issue. Miami would be a disaster of lost AI flights if this wasn't the case. No lost aircraft on 8 left, waiting for takeoff. They land on 8 right and Runway 12 and 9. I myself having been cleared to Runway 8 left have been told to be aware of aircraft landing on Runway 12. A very busy place indeed. Bill :-jumpy

Guest contrail

For LOWW you can try this one, but if you have a lot of AI for that airport you may want to add some more parking spots(using AFCAD)or the aircraft will disappear on the runway(after landing)if there are not any spaces left to park. I just made this one up, haven't really tested it much but the short time I did try it an aircraft departed 11 and landed on 16 so it should work.