Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Airport Chart Gauge by Holger Maass

Has anyone been able to make this gauge (here in the library) work? I've tried to get it to install and everything seems OK until I get to the part to "Build Database" and when I click on it, a page in German comes up and I am lost!!!! Can anyone help? Thanks jerrycwo4

>Has anyone been able to make this gauge (here in the library)>work? I've tried to get it to install and everything seems OK>until I get to the part to "Build Database" and when I click>on it, a page in German comes up and I am lost!!!! Can anyone>help? Thanks jerrycwo4Hi Jerry -After this program was first released I corresponded with Mr. Maass several times in an effort to improve what is basically a very useful concept.If memory serves, he sent me a few updates for testing and then suddenly stopped corresponding. I have not been able to contact him since.I have since removed the program from my system and cannot remember exactly how well it worked. I do remember the database builder was an "addition" to the main program and it's dialogue is in German so I had to guess how to answer the prompts.Sorry I cannot offer specific advice.

It also works fine for me building the database for either FS9 or FSX using the "build" button.The problem I have, is that how it works is it starts at the lowest priority scenery layer looking for airports. When it finds one it stores the data and then ignores any airport of the same ICAO in a higher priority layer. Thus all AFCAD airport mods get ignored.I did a work around by backing up my scenery.cfg and creating a second one, with my addon scenery entries at LOWEST priority and the default scenery at HIGHEST priority. This way the database tool finds my AFCADs first and ignores the defaults (or in the worst case, elevation mod AFCADS). The only problem is that if the database tool finds an AFCAD-like file (such as for taxisigns with no runway/taxiway/apron data) you will get an "empty" airport. Of course once the database tool run is complete you need to restore your "good" scenery.cfg.scott s..

Jerry - If you are unable to get this program to work here is a different "approach" you might want to try.Assuming you can lay your hands on suitable airport charts which are in PDF format, this remarkable utility can easily display them in the cockpit.This is a link to the file I am speaking of:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchHope this is helpful.

Thanks guys for giving me all of your ideas on this fix but it appears to be a little too much for me. I asked a question in another thread, is there anyway to stop or suspend Radar Contact4 so that I can get the famous "pink brick road" to show the the way to the desired runway? Thanks again jerrycwo4

That's my problem. When RC4 is active you can not get the regular FS2004 ATC. If I could get them, I could get the "pink brick road". Any work around this problem? Also I looked at a couple of downloadable charts and they did NOT show the gates like I wanted. jerrycwo4

Hello JerryTwo ideas that may work for youTune to FS9 ATC using Com2 with the ATC voice turned down in FS9 sound options, that way you will be able to use the taxi guidance of FS9 ATC without hearing the voice, RC will still be on Com1.There is a post on using this method, search way back in the Radar Contact forum.For a map of the taxiways just open a top down view and zoom out