Sign in to follow this  
Guest chopper75

SSW A310 users please help!

Guest chopper75

I was going through my FS2004 and I noticed that I have the SSW A310. I love flying this aircraft. I have one problem. I can't seem to engage the autothrottle. For example, I enter say 250 knots and press the a/thr button on the panel. The button lights up but I have to manually move the throttles to increase/decrease or maintain. No matter what speed I enter on the panel, I can't seem to get the autothrottle to engage and automatically maintain the airspeed. Is there something that I am missing?Glenn

>I was going through my FS2004 and I noticed that I have the>SSW A310. I love flying this aircraft. I have one problem. I>can't seem to engage the autothrottle. For example, I enter>say 250 knots and press the a/thr button on the panel. The>button lights up but I have to manually move the throttles to>increase/decrease or maintain. No matter what speed I enter on>the panel, I can't seem to get the autothrottle to engage and>automatically maintain the airspeed. Is there something that I>am missing?>GlennI don't have that particular aircraft but the first thing I would check (using notepad) would be the autopilot section of the aircraft.cfg file to be sure the auto throttle is available.This is an example from the default b737-400:[autopilot]autopilot_available=1flight_director_available=1default_vertical_speed=1800autothrottle_available=1autothrottle_arming_required=1autothrottle_max_rpm = 90Note the line which says autothrottle_available=1If it read =0, then the autothrottle would not be available.Probably worth checking as a starting point.

Guest chopper75

Checked out the autopilit exction inf the aircraft.cfg, all is ok there. The autothrottle is the only function of the autopilot that I can't get to work.

Hello,Sorry for the trouble with the SSW 310 but it is now a "non supported" product to the best of my knowledge. I own it also and have scrapped it because I too cannot get it to work ANYMORE. It used to work 100% for me but after numerous updates to my system it now has problems. My autopilot works fine. However, my FMS will not display correctly. All of the buttons have vanished. I just gave up and went back to my PSS Airbuses and the Wilco Vol1 buses. Wish I could help here but there was a lot of "internal" panel logic in this bird and I don't think that tinkering with the config file will help.Cheers,Ron Sagel

Hi all !I also have this aircraft on my system and remember I also had this autothrottle problem. But in their last release (1.5?) I think it worked. But I can't even give you a link for an update. Now simsoftworkshop.com is closed.I loved this aircraft and the features but never felt as a customer when using it. I always felt like a beta tester. The AIRAC I have on this aircraft does not work with some airports. FMC bug ? I'll never know. Didn't they plan to make an A320 also ? What happened to SimSoftWorkshop ?Best regards

Guest koktebelskiy
Hi all !I loved this aircraft and the features but never felt as a customer when using it. I always felt like a beta tester. The AIRAC I have on this aircraft does not work with some airports. FMC bug ? I'll never know. Didn't they plan to make an A320 also ? What happened to SimSoftWorkshop ?Best regards
Hi all!There is a new version of Navigation Data Base (AIRAC_0808) from SSW (For Airbus A310-300 SSW)To whom it is interesting, it is possible to download - to install and check up.(Unzip to folder - You Flight Simulator\SSW)ONLY FOR FS2004 (FS9).Good Flight's! :( http://uploading.com/files/7DTPBGMJ/ssw_a3...a_0808.zip.html