Sign in to follow this  
Guest swadeep

FS9 OOM. It is confusing :(

Guest swadeep

Hey guys. I dont get OOM a lot anymore now but that day i got it since a really long time. I am confusedHere is my specsWindow XP Pro 64 bit (formatted to this to read 4GB ram)Intel Core 2 DUO 6600 -- 2.40GHZ (power supply 600W)RAM = 4GBEN8800 GTS 640mbAnyway when i got OOM, the process was around 1100K (that was when approaching LHR by AEROSOFT)anyway i have pretty much the same add-ons as when i had it before on my old com which was not as powerful and strong but it never got OOM. Settigns were always max and this one i tried reducing settings also but still OOM. Dont know what to do. Please advise. Maybe go to VISTA 32 bit or anything..HELP PLEASE :(Thanks so much.

You should be checking your >>virtual size<< with the process explorer, not task manager.OOMs pretty much happen if VS is over 1700mb. And under XP, mine goes over 1600mb easily. That is 32bit or 64bit.Vista is better in memory management, and this memory-upping doesn't happen, thus OOM also not.

Guest swadeep

do i have to get process explorer or is it in windows already?so are you saying i might be better off getting vista?i mean this 4gb ram..cant belive get oom..in my old com as i said no oom and i only had 2-3 gb ram

Have you modified your fs9.exe to allow it to use the additional memory? You have to make it /LargeAddressAware for the extra memory and XP64 to do anything. -PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest swadeep

how do i do that please? and how much more memory will it use?

Swadep:Check out this thread here at AVSIM:<< http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&topic_id=35574 >>It explains all. The name of the thread is a bit optimistic, IMHO because I have been doing this and have started to get the occasional OOM again after installing some complex payware scenery, so who knows? I think even the original poster has gotten OOMs since then, but give it a shot and let us know how it works for you.

You might want to consider downloading, installing and cleaning house with "scanAFD.exe" which removes duplications. After implementation of this tool, I have never has an OOM.Respectfully:RTH

>You might want to consider downloading, installing and>cleaning house with "scanAFD.exe" which removes duplications.>After implementation of this tool, I have never has an OOM.>>Respectfully:>RTH Thanks, RTH. I have that and just haven't had time to run it yet. I will do that tonight: KORD to Cloud 9's KLAX.

>i mean this 4gb ram..cant belive get oom..in my old com as i>said no oom and i only had 2-3 gb ramThe "memory" referred to by the OOM error has absolutely NOTHING to do with how much physical memory you might have...It is referring to contiguous blocks of "Virtual Address Space," which is a different thing altogether.Even folks running Vista64 with 32GB of DDR can encounter the OOM error!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest swadeep

>You might want to consider downloading, installing and>cleaning house with "scanAFD.exe" which removes duplications.>After implementation of this tool, I have never has an OOM.>>Respectfully:>RTH ok thanks for this very much..will give it a go :)thanls dude

Guest swadeep

>Swadep:>>Check out this thread here at AVSIM:>><< >http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&topic_id=35574> >>>>It explains all. The name of the thread is a bit optimistic,>IMHO because I have been doing this and have started to get>the occasional OOM again after installing some complex payware>scenery, so who knows? I think even the original poster has>gotten OOMs since then, but give it a shot and let us know how>it works for you.hi thanks very much. yes i have tried this before..the downside is that cannot use AES anymore..u have to unistall it otherwise u get CTD with the g3d.dll something like that crashing...i think once i got OOM even though i had the switch on :S maybe i will try vista first and see how it rolls..after all it's supposed to manage memory better right?thanks very much for ur time :)

ScanAFD did not solve my problem. My current suspects are: hardware O/C issue, or FSDreamTeams KORD/KJFK/Zurich sceneries. All of my OOMs began shortly after installing the latter and there seem to be quite a few posts about that issue.

I have been plauged on and off with the OOM issue. The 3GB hack did fix it for me but I couldn't use AES and some other programs did not function properly with the hack added.With that I know many people that do not have the OOM error. I also read a post by Oliver Pabst from Aerosoft saying that many scenery's have land class files in with the regular scenery files (a big FS9 no no as it causes a memory leak). LC files must have their own folder with no texture folder in it otherwise you get the memory leak.Read more on Olivers findings here>>>>http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=19147So double check your scenery files and make sure you do not have wayward LC files. I have since been removing/fixing scenery that have wayward LC files and have removed the 3GB patch. Fingers crossed....

Hey, bud. Thanks for that.How would I know a "wayward landclass file" when I see one? Do they have a special file extension or something? Thanks.

Not really. Most LC files are named such but many are not so it would be hard to track down.Scary thing is some well known addon company's are making scenery's with these memory leak errors (like France VFR and even some Aerosoft scenery's).