Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Miskeyed brought up differant ino

This morning on a flight with Radar Contact4 running, by accident, I missed keyed a certain "keystroke" and it gave me all of the VOR waypoints and the distances to them. I could not make this happen again. Anyone know what keystrokes brings this info up and where this list of info comes from? Thanks jerrycwo4

hello JerryIt may have been Control Shift P (show Flightplan)have a look in the Radar Contact Keyboard options page.You will be better served asking Radar Contact questions in the Radar Contact forum further down the hall :-)BTW did you try my Com2 solution for your Taxi guidance problem?

With RC4 engauged I can not reach the default ATC in anyway. Your photo asks if you want to turn OFF the progressive taxi; I want to be able to turn it ON, not Off with RC4 running. No, it didn't work for me. Thanks for the effort. jerrycwo4

HelloHave you got your com2 radio on in the aircrafts audio panel?1: select com1 and com2 (both switch) on the aircrafts audio panel.2: open the FS9 ATC window3: tune the com2 to the freq FS9 ATC asks for4: engage progressive taxi when FS9 ATC gives you that option.Of course the screenshot was showing "TURN OFF PROGRESSIVE TAXI"because i had already turned it on when FS9 ATC offered the option,what else could it say, Jerry the key to all of this is the use of com2 for FS9 ATC and Com1 for RC ATC, it works, many of use have used it, i have even supplied a screenshot and simple instructions to prove it

Hello JerryHere you go a pictorial walk through of the steps required to use FS9 ATC for Progressive taxi help and Radar Contact for ATC guidance.Here we are at the Ramp with the flightplan loaded into through the FS9 Flightplanner and also loaded via Radar Contact both comm radios ON.We have called up the FS9 ATC window with menu [VIEWS]> Air Traffic Control or the ' keyWe press option 2: Request IFR Clearancehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192891.jpgWe press option 1: Readback Acknowledge) IFR Clearancehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192892.jpgWe press option 2: Request Taxi IFR http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192893.jpgWe press option 3: Turn On Progressive Taxihttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192894.jpgAt this point we have the progressive taxi linehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192895.jpgAt this point we taxi to the Active, no guarantees that Radar Contact will send you the same way as FS9 ATC so ignore Radar Contacts taxi instructions and follow the progressive taxi line.Once at the Active you can cancel the Progressive taxi option (Press 3) and close the FS9 ATC window.Hope that helps if you have problems let me know

mad dog (or anybody):Got this to work in FS9 -- THANK YOU!But how do I get it back after landing and terminating RC completely? Once RC shuts down and the FSUIPC window closes out, I select the old FS9 ATC key ( ` ) and the only option offered is No. 1 "whatever departure airport I left from" -- That's it! I've tried setting my com 1 + 2 radios manually to the arrival airport frequencies, and can actually hear ground directing other aircraft, but doing so doesn't change the offered options in my ATC window. :-zhelp

Does anybody know the answer to my question "previous post - bump).

HelloI have never tried connecting to FS ATC on landing so I dont know if it is possible.I originally just posted in this thread as Jerry was having problems finding the runway and asked about the pink taxi line.Personally I use Airport Chart Gauge to find my way around the taxiwaysIn FS9 I used FSnav zoomed in as a taxiway map, but this is FSX so APchart gauge does the job.How is it going with PFE did you buy it yet?

Yes, thanks Mad Dog. PFE is great. Different from RC4. Takes a little longer to get it working, and I'm still down on the learning curve, but it is plenty cool.Nice to have a choice! Thanks for asking.

Joy Joy Joy...... I finally got it to work. It took me about 5-6 trys to get it work. Most of the time all was well until I actually started taxing and then the "pink road" would disappear. I also have not really "used" the radios for the last ten years... just let keys #1,#2 and #3 do all of the radio work. Here's what I did the last time that it worked 100% correctly.1. Filed a flight plan from Kpdx to Ksea in Fs2004.2. Deactivated Com 13. Activated Com 2. Made the req for the IRF flt, taxi request and brought up the "pink road" ( cann't remember right now the correct name for it). It told me to use runway 28R4.Went to my Desktop and started FSBuild and entered the Kpdx - Ksea flight.5. Started Radar Contact 4 (RC4) selected the same Kpdx - Ksea flight and started RC4. Deactivated Com2 and Activated Com 1.6. Went back into FS2004 and went thu the steps to start the flt in RC4. It told me to go to runway 28L (FS2004 ATC told me 28 RIGHT. By accident or trail and error I hit key #2 and ALL of the runways showed up in the RC4 window, BUT 28 R. The "pink road went to runway 28R. I didn't know what to do so I entered key #9(next) in the RC4 window and up popped runway 28R. I selected 28R and then RC4 told me to go to runway 28R( same as the pink road) so I followed it and JUST before I arrived at the holding point RC4 told me to contact the tower on key #1 with was the last step in setting up a flt by RC4.When I arrived at Ksea , RC4 told me to go to the "terminal" (they used a differant word). I then stopped RC4 with key #3 and then contacted Fs2004 ATC an it told me which gate to go to. At this point in time I can not remember if I used Com1 or Com 2 for that Fs2004 ATC call. Which everone I used it worked and told to go to gate B4. I have Aerosoft's AES here so I follow the "van" to the gate and all ended well. I always switch back to FS2004 ATC, after closing RC4 and it always works for me. Now I can find my way to the correct runway when departing San Francisco. Thanks to the guys that told me how to do it. jerrycwo4 please forgive my bad, bad spelling

Hello Jerry , glad you got it working

>>I then stopped RC4 with key #3 and then contacted Fs2004 ATC an it told me which gate to go to. Jerry: How did you know what frequency to contact ground on. My FS2004 ATC window always still shows the departure airport as the only contact in the window. :~P