Sign in to follow this  
puttaround

Scenery Problem

Has anyone ever experienced this problem with scenery? There is a portion of the scenery in the distance that shows up darker than the rest of the scenery. It tends to fade in and out and shows up only at higher altitudes. I have all my display settings on default. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bill

Dear Bill Bill,I would try and help, but since you're a heavy metal man now, I won't!But if I were to try and help you, I would tell you that what you're seeing is weather related haze, with the higher elevation popping up above it.Should you decide to cease this folly with BIG METAL and return to the true roots of flying, aka itty-bitty planes, then I would try to help you out as best I could.All the best from La-La land,Lance

Lance, Great to hear from you and to know that you're still following the forums. I apprectiate the help even though heavvy metal weighs you down. This strange problem shows up mostly when I'm in a turn or changing views i.e. from cockpit to spot, so if its weather, you would think that it would be consistent. I have Ultimate Terrain installed but I also have a few mesh files that I had previously and i was wondering if somehow they were conflicting with each other and causing the problem. i think i'll delete them and see what happens. Keep things free and easy on the "left coast".

Guest avrovulcan

Hi BillI have seen this effect on my setup before with and without Active Sky installed.I never worried about it as I always thought it was a layer of very low cloud that FS9 had generated. I used to get this somtimes, even if I had selected clear blue skys from the weather options menu.I know it doesnt look like it but certianly on my setup this layer appears to be perfectly flat, so to me this would indicate a cloud layer. (maby its a bug of some kind??)I have had this effect on several diffrent computers using both XP and VISTA, ATI and NVIDIA graphics cards and Quad/Dual and single core processors, and I have never really worried to much about it.Maybe someone else can shed some light on this effect ???RegardsAndy