Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

Fall is back with its CTDs

HiDuring my last flights between KEPH and CYXC I got a g2d.dll crash to desktop.The same flight during summer is OK.So I guess it must be a fall texture faulty / corrupted file.Can someone tell me how to narrow corrupted bmp files?Or tell me if some file are notoriously corrupted? Especially addon files? Trees etc...ThanksGhiom

Corrupted .bgl files too -- how does one determine which .bgl is corrupted?Any help would be appreciated.

>Hi>During my last flights between KEPH and CYXC I got a g2d.dll>crash to desktop.>The same flight during summer is OK.>So I guess it must be a fall texture faulty / corrupted file.>Can someone tell me how to narrow corrupted bmp files?>Or tell me if some file are notoriously corrupted? Especially>addon files? Trees etc...>Thanks>GhiomHelloHave you installed the very aged SP1?.One of the things it fixed was the seasonal CTD problem.It worked for me.Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Andy- I'm running FS9 just as I loaded it from the CD 5+ years ago. No SP1. & still on WIN XP SP2.0 Never had an OOM nor a CTD nor any seasonal problem. In fact my 'puter is just as it came out of the shop in 2003 except for added RAM to 2.0GB & UT & GE plus many addon planes- CD versions ONLY for all.Maybe OOMs have more to do with new fangled hardware!!!Model Ts rule!!!!!Alex Reid

Are you an Ultimate Terrain user? I recall that some had trouble with CTD's related to this when flying from the US to Canada, and either installing the latest patch and/or disabling coastlines in UT seemed to help. There's a thread on this from earlier in the year in the FS9 forum.John G.

John G.

I also have a thread bookmarked in the Ultimate Terrain forums. IM me if you need it. There are actually several threads there on this topic if you do a search . . .

John- I have UT Can/AK & USA- both on CD, no patches & everything ON. Never had a problem - including after adding Ground Environment. I avoid patches on addons and on FS9 itself on grounds they are more likely to do harm than good. I also NEVER download an addon.Call me cautious- but then in 5 years with this system, I've never had a CTD or an OOM.Alex Reid

>Andy- I'm running FS9 just as I loaded it from the CD 5+>years ago. No SP1. & still on WIN XP SP2.0 >Never had an OOM nor a CTD nor any seasonal problem. In fact>my 'puter is just as it came out of the shop in 2003 except>for added RAM to 2.0GB & UT & GE plus many addon planes- CD>versions ONLY for all.>Maybe OOMs have more to do with new fangled hardware!!!>Model Ts rule!!!!!>Alex ReidHello AlexI think its a case of if it works for you etc..:-) My seasonal CTD was always on a flight to EDDF(Frankfurt)and always at he same point in the flight.(DROVE ME NUTS!)I installed SP1 and never had that problem again.I don't have trouble with CTDs at all these days(i know saying that is probably asking for trouble)i have used FSGlobal SE for about three years and have no addon scenery that may cause problems..All runs smoothly and that is fine with me.If you have no problems with your setup that is good news too.cheers AndyFS is a mysterious beast:)

>Andy- I'm running FS9 just as I loaded it from the CD 5+>years ago. No SP1. & still on WIN XP SP2.0 >Never had an OOM nor a CTD nor any seasonal problem. In fact>my 'puter is just as it came out of the shop in 2003 except>for added RAM to 2.0GB & UT & GE plus many addon planes- CD>versions ONLY for all.>Maybe OOMs have more to do with new fangled hardware!!!>Model Ts rule!!!!!>Alex ReidHello AlexMaybe there is someting in what you say about older(Model t)computers.My setup must be getting on for four years old now(Steam powered, Brunel type number one SSGreat Britain model.)and not only has it been faultless in operation its an EMachines(sharp intake of breath by computer nerd types)as well.At this moment in time i see no reson to change either.Model Ts rock.Good heavens did i just say that?Andy:-)

Most likely you must reinstall your sceneryworldtextures again. Something is corrupt or missing, that's why you are having issues. You can get the default textures from disc 1 on FS9 cd and re install thaem to the above directory.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

"---(Steam powered, Brunel type number one SSGreat Britain model.)---"-------------Andy-Shades of the Great Eastern!!! I'm still waiting for an invitation to display my 'puter at the Smithsonian.Alex Reid

>Yes, Please post the link if you can.>Thanks for this.>GhiomGhiom:they deleted the one thread I was thinking of, but I just emailed you another that I found in a search over there. HTH.