Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nealoc187

FS9 CTD when loading weather, either FS9 or AS6.5

Guest Nealoc187

So this is new. Last I used the sim was 2 weeks ago and it was working fine. This computer hasn't even been turned on since then. Now, when trying to load any flight it gets to 77%, says it's "Loading Weather" and then crashes to desktop. Error message asking me if I want to send an error report, asking me if I want to restart FS9.If I switch the FS9 weather to Clear then FS9 loads just fine. However when I load AS6.5 to get real world weather, FS9 with CTD when the online weather update is complete. So either way, when FS9 weather tries to load or when AS6.5 weather tries to load, I get a crash to desktop.I have changed nothing on this computer, changed nothing with FS9 settings, etc. As I said the computer hasn't even been powered up since the 15th when I last flew a flight.Any insight?ThanksNC

Hi there,do you have "render to texture" checked in the graphic settings within the sim (sorry, don't quite remember in which menu, typing this from non-sim PC).There could be an issue with cumulus cloud textures if this option is not changed and I'm sure someone with more knowledge about DXT3 etc. can give you more details about it.Hopefully it's not the dreaded fall-season CTD. Are you running FS9.1?Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest Nealoc187

Yes I have render to texture activated, and yes I am running FS9.1.

>Hopefully it's not the dreaded fall-season CTD.I'm afraid it's here, I just had one yesterday.

HelloJust a thought.You say the last time you used the sim was two weeks ago,so perhaps now we are in Autumn season with different textures etc etc.I wonder if in your fs9 CFG you can set it load the original default flight(Cessna i think)and see what happens.I believe there is a way to do this.I am sure someone will tell you the part of FS9 CFG that needs changing.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077