Sign in to follow this  
mixen82

How to make clouds look more realistic?

Hello all,in my opinion the clouds in FS9 are to big when flying at an altitude of for example 33000 ft. In reality the clouds look much smaller when cruising in that altitude. Now my question: Is it possible to fix this, and if yes is it possible by just reducing the pixel size of the cloud textures? I hope so because this is a detail that kills a big part of realism in FS. Looking forward to your suggestions.mixen82

>Hello all,>>in my opinion the clouds in FS9 are to big when flying at an>altitude of for example 33000 ft. In reality the clouds look>much smaller when cruising in that altitude. >>Now my question: Is it possible to fix this, and if yes is it>possible by just reducing the pixel size of the cloud>textures? I hope so because this is a detail that kills a big>part of realism in FS. Looking forward to your suggestions.>>mixen82In the library, do a search using Clouds as the criteria and limit the search to FS2004. You will find there are a number of enhancement packages available which claim to present better clouds.Hopefully something here will be what you are seeking.

I know there are several cloud packages available in the library and I am actually using one of them since a long time. I tried them all but not one package reduces the size of the clouds, just the appearance. Noe the clouds look realistic but they still are much bigger than real ones. I do not want to see some fair-weather clouds which are very small in reality rising up to 29000 ft. It just doesn't look real.

I know how you feel. Weather is one of the poorly simulated aspects of FS. That's just the way it is for now. Try to imagine the rest..

Get ActiveSky. It's be one of the best purchases I've ever made for FS9.

You could also give Real Environment Pro a try, freeware, avaliable in the library. It improves the sky and clouds remarquably.

Hi,I am actually using active sky and the dusk/dawn colors, moon texture and so on look really great, but the clouds just can't satisfy me.