Sign in to follow this  
Mike...

ATC Window text difficult to read

Never really had a problem reading the text, apart from when ATI's adaptive anti-aliasing was turned on. Then it and the GPS receiver became more difficult to read. It made the text bolder and less sharp. Anyway, never had adaptive AA on, so no issue.Recently got a new graphics card, NVIDIA this time, my first. Works like a charm, but it seems the unclear text problem is back. And I'm not sure how to get rid of it this time. I've taken a capture but I don't think it's a big help.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192948.jpgDoes anyone have any experience with this issue and how to get rid of it?My card is the 9600 GT, I'm using the latest official drivers, 178.13. I also have nHancer and use it to manage the FS9 profile. No other issues.

Mike...

Guest tatest

Looks like aliasing of the text. Across the top of the dash, it is apparent that anti-aliasing is off. Where ever it is best to do it with this card, in software or hardware, application or graphics drivers, you need to get AA turned back on to clear up that text.Are you in windowed mode, or full screen? I think you need full screen to make use of hardware AA.

I use an Nvidea 6600 card and have no anti aliasing set in either FS or in the card settings itself and i get no problems with atc text.Have you matched your normal screen resolution settings and your fs screen resolution settings? I think you are supposed to make both the same.I have got a feeling that if not then that can affect the text within FS.CHEERS A

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Full screen. The part at the bottom is the top of the 2D panel of the default Skyhawk. Slightly misleading perhaps, but AA is definitely on and working for everything. AA is turned off in FS9 and enabled and configured through the drivers/nHancer.I'm also using the same resolution for both desktop and FS.

Mike...

I had this problem in all of my nVidia cards and never got it satisfactorally resolved. For me, this is just another reason I'm REALLY glad ATI finally came out with a card that can handle fight sim clouds well.

Guess I'll have to get used to it then. Maybe I'll try running FS9 in my monitor's native resolution first, but that's about it.

Mike...

I almost started to get used to this, but then went back to being annoyed. I decided to try and figure it out one last time. Started up nHancer and I changed various settings. I also did a lot of reading and then started to experiment with AA settings. And that was the key to it all. It is the Supersampling component that distorts the text in the ATC window! When I turn on just Multisampling, all is fine. Add Supersampling or just SS, and the problem returns.I've also found that Transparency AA does not exactly add to the sharpness of panels. SS is worse than MS, but even multisampling transparency AA results in a slight loss of 'focus'.

Mike...