Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Commercial traffic addon worth the money ?

>What about this advertised description for MyTraffic X>>'The AI traffic corresponds to the real life air traffic>throughout the world. Take-offs and landings take place with>the correct aircraft types and airlines on each airport.'>>Does this also apply for PAI?No - My Traffic uses represational flight plans. Right airline, right airport - but not on the airline schedule.PAI uses flight plans based on real world data - admittedly old by now - some date from 2003, most from 2004 & 2005.That is the main difference it the traffic programs.Ultimate Traffic and freeware PAI and the newer World of AI use realistic flight plans.My Traffic and Traffic 2004/5... use representational flight plans. Both MYT and T2004 have some realistic flights - but a small percentage of the total.You should also know that Ultimate Traffic was developed with extensive help from the PAI team back in FS2002 days. The Ultimate Traffic models are the PAI models.Just Flight (Traffic 2004) also participated in the development effort and used some of the models, though most have been replaced at this point.My Traffic is a labor of love by Burkhard Renk - a very dedicated individual.Personally, I use WoA, PAI in a few cases - the DHL and FDX feeders are great, the C-17 packages cannot be beat - for the 40-50% of the world's small airlines not covered by WoA & PAI and a few majors - Ultimate Traffic flight plans. I've replaced almost all the UT default repaints and aircraft models with better ones individually.But I have to admit one thing - if you want support and help - My Traffic cannot be beat.

>What about the amount of traffic? At newark KEWR I only saw>three aircraft with default traffic and traffic slider 90%.>With PAI I only saw a few more. In some screenshot for>commercial titles I have seen significantly more planes. >The amount of aircraft you see at an airport is only partially based upon the AI program/ flight plans you have.You must add parking to those airports to support the level of your flight plans.The FS2004 default KEWR has parking for 14 aircraft B737 sized, 9 aircraft B767 sized and 3 larger aircraft, along with 5 large cargo spots.All three commercial programs provide 1,500 to 2,500 AFCAD files which will provide sufficient parking for the AI aircraft in their flight plans. Not great AFCAD files with real world gate assignment - but good enough to keep the AI flowing.It's a little more difficult for freeware. There is a good package of the original PAI AFCAD files available on their web site - which can be used with any traffic program or personally created AI. But otherwise it's searching the file library sites like Avsim.Second IssuePAI and WoA have worked hard to try and develop packages for the regional airline affiliates of the major airlines across the world.This is a big issue for the US because of the high percentage of traffic which is flown by these regional jets and turboprops.It is also a challenge because the real world major airlines change the companies which fly their regional flights frequently in some cases.WoA has packages for Lufthansa Regional partners, Alitalia Express, KLM Cityhopper and a few others outside the US. No one has ever done a package of all the Air France regional affiliates.For the US - WoA has Northwest Airlink, Midwest Connect, American Eagle, American Connection, US Airways Express.What you will not get for KEWR are Delta Connection, Continental Express and Continental Connection, United Express.You will have to do those manually, or use a commercial package to fill in until WoA can create those packages.

>Personally, I use WoA, PAI in a few cases - the DHL and FDX>feeders are great, the C-17 packages cannot be beat - for the>40-50% of the world's small airlines not covered by WoA & PAI>and a few majors - Ultimate Traffic flight plans. I've>replaced almost all the UT default repaints and aircraft>models with better ones individually.>So it's possible to use them together. Is it simple or does it need much work? Do you have a link to this WoA? Is it as simple as picking something there and install it after my PAI install?

>>The FS2004 default KEWR has parking for 14 aircraft B737>sized, 9 aircraft B767 sized and 3 larger aircraft, along with>5 large cargo spots.>After setting up PAI I counted some 11 planes at KEWR. Then there of course is a issue with performence. More planes heavier tax on performence.

The first question is how did you install the PAI packages - in one big traffic file, or as individual airline traffic files?If you have individual traffic files - it is every easy. Just install the WoA packages - and remove the traffic file for any duplicate airlines.For example Southwest Airlines in the US - the WoA package is flightplans, aircraft models and repaints from the Summer of 2007 (package released 1 Feb 08). The PAI packages if flight plans from 2004.If you have ONE BIG traffic file - it will be harder. If you have the PAI zips available, I'd recommend you move all your PAI traffic to a folder outside FS and install the airlines one by one - always take the WoA airline over the PAI version of the airline.WoA has an installer which is necessary to add their packages. Most people use it to add the aircraft and traffic files automatically. But you can just use it to unzip the files to a temp folder and install the aircraft and flight plans manually if you wish.Unlike the PAI installer, the WoA installer is very, very good at making changes when update packages for airlines are released.http://www.world-of-ai.com/http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+ViewOne note - take Northwest Airlines or Air France - You will see recent updated packages for those airlines available from WoA. You do NOT need to install the older version and then apply the update. The update is a complete install when used alone.

Remember that FS2004 and FSX work with a large Active AI zone.When you are at KEWR, other airports including KJFK, KLGA, KHPN, KFRG, KTEB, KMMU and many more will be active. You may have as many as 600 AI aircraft active in the area at the same time.One of the biggest performance hits is not having enough parking at all those airports. Not having parking spots forces the program to spend more resources on trying to park the aircraft over and over and over.

>One of the biggest performance hits is not having enough>parking at all those airports. Not having parking spots forces>the program to spend more resources on trying to park the>aircraft over and over and over.>Yes I have noticed that the New York area is very hard on performence. So is it new AFCAD files I need for the airports and will that solve the stuttering and low fps?