Sign in to follow this  
graemeb

LH Maddog 2006 VC available

>Is it me, or the FPS are horrible in the VC? By horrible I>mean 4 or 5 frames in LOWW Viena.Yepp, you are right.But on the other hand,....I am not surprised. ;-)Back to 2D views.........

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/banner_sa_2008_s.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3,33GHz FSB 1333MHz LGA775, Asus P5Q Intel P45 ATX DDR2 PC6400 800MHz 4096MB, Asus Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+ 512MB DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP3, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"Samsung 750GB SATA HDD 8MB, Samsung 250GB ATA , Maxtor 120GB ATA, All 7200rpmLacie 250Gb Extern HD, Cooler Master ATX Chassis, 550W Power supplyBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Guest c210_cvs

In the BETA if your FMS updates was set to the highest you got horrible framerates in the VC, when I set my FMS updates to about 1/2 it worked beautifully.I have not tried this one yet but I hear they implemented a clickspot to get rid of the yoke so you can now see the ND at least and the FMS route bug was fixed also.

Not sure about the FMS setting, but I get great FPS in FS9 (locked at 28). I flew to the new FSDreamteam KFJK last night and FSDT KORD to Imaginesim's KATL this morning without ever dipping below the locked rate. FSX is a different story...There are still a few small bugs, but the big one's mentioned above were resolved. Overall, a really great aircraft!Jeff H.KDEN

Yes, I agree completely. I will fly an aircraft if it has no VC, not a biggie for me, but the Maddog VC is one of the best out there. As Jeff said, great FPS, I maybe lose a couple compared to 2D. PMDG's 737 VC, for example, is much, much worse in this regard - virtually unflyable at big airports. I know it's getting old and maybe not a fair comparison at all, but just to put things in perspective...I did the FSDreamteam KORD to KJFK flight, had AI at 100% and the Maddog was perfectly flyable from within the VC (and TrackIR)Aris, do as c210_cvs suggested, play with settings a bit and I am sure you will find a good compromise between quality and speed. So, all of you who did not get the Maddog because it had no VC, run, don't walk. This must be one of the best add-ons for FS9! Regards,Jure

I found that the VC loading time was appalling on my PC (at least 4 seconds), although once loaded, the FPS were satisfactory.I have converted a lot of the VC textures (not the *LM.BMP night textures) from DXT3 format to DXT1 format and found a big improvement in loading time, and no discernible change in visual quality.

Graeme Butler

Guest Nealoc187

Thanks for the update. I have flown the Maddog2006 exclusively since the spring and love the aircraft, hadn't checked the maddog forums in a while though to see that the VC had actually been released.