Sign in to follow this  
Guest belga1

Rwy12 troubles ... (Opa ?) :)

Guest belga1

Hi,Installed at the letter the Rwy12 files and libraries (readed carefully the "Opa" PDF's help for install and use).All additional files needed installed as required.Of course the program run .. but not as described.I have (like some others as I readed in the Rwy12 forum) a connection problem between the proggy and FS9 (some buttons greyed .. like coordinates synchronisation ...)No answer for this problem found in the FAQ or RWy12 forum.....That's a little annoying ... but I'm sure I'm able to overun it .. as I must be able to enter manually the coordinates (thank's AFCAD)The problem is the syntax to use ......Indeed .. in all the screens provided in the differents help PDF's the GUI is different of the RWY12 I downloaded (latest)The coordinates are to enter in a single box and the screens show's two boxes...Eg:Box1 N30Box2 34.3456So if any know the exact syntax to put in a single box .. it will be great ..as after some try I still with no results.All this posted here as (at my great dissapointement) I seen (after a creating a account) it was no more possible to post anything at the Rwy12 forums (admin restriction !!!)SoFS2004 updatedWinXPFSUIPC and XML and Dotnet installedRWY12 installed as requiredThank's in advance for any answers.Cheers.

>Hi,>>Installed at the letter the Rwy12 files and libraries (readed>carefully the "Opa" PDF's help for install and use).>All additional files needed installed as required.>Of course the program run .. but not as described.>I have (like some others as I readed in the Rwy12 forum) a>connection problem between the proggy and FS9 (some buttons>greyed .. like coordinates synchronisation ...)>No answer for this problem found in the FAQ or RWy12>forum.....>That's a little annoying ... but I'm sure I'm able to overun>it .. as I must be able to enter manually the coordinates>(thank's AFCAD)>The problem is the syntax to use ......>Indeed .. in all the screens provided in the differents help>PDF's the GUI is different of the RWY12 I downloaded (latest)>The coordinates are to enter in a single box and the screens>show's two boxes...>Eg:>Box1 N30>Box2 34.3456>>So if any know the exact syntax to put in a single box .. it>will be great ..as after some try I still with no results.>>All this posted here as (at my great dissapointement) I seen>(after a creating a account) it was no more possible to post>anything at the Rwy12 forums (admin restriction !!!)>>So>FS2004 updated>WinXP>FSUIPC and XML and Dotnet installed>RWY12 installed as required>>Thank's in advance for any answers.>>Cheers.I am not sure AI understand your problem. But if you followed the installation instruction to the letter, all you should need to do to have the coordinates automatically entered for you is to click on the "Sync FS Position" tab.That should enter them properly for you.

Guest belga1

Hi,Thank's for quick answer.Yes of course .. the probs is the coordinate synchcro button is greyed .. proof it's no connection between FS9 and the proggy despite all the RWY12 is installed properly .. as the additional files required ...This is strange .. some 4 peoples have described the same prob on the RWY12 forum and same answer (install properly blah ..blah..) but seem's to me those gentlemen had installed properly the files.......My FSUIPC is registered and version is 3.72.0 made 2nd February 2007********* FSUIPC, Version 3.72 by Pete Dowson *********Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1Verifying Certificate for "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9MODULESFSUIPC.dll" now ... SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)I suppose if it's a connection prob between FS9 and RWY12 .. it must be related with FSUIPC ?Otherwise .. have you the possibility to post here a coordinate as show in a single box for the syntax .. ?And by the way .. what is the unit used for the altitude (meters or feets ? ) as I read in the PDF it's possible to choice unit .. but apparently this is not the case in the GUI.It's will be not a prob for me to save the BGL file in the good place...Cheers.

Hmnn.Just a couple of thoughts - 1. Although I worked very closely with the late Seev Kahn after the program was initially released and wrote the FAQ document which outlined the precise installation steps, and I used the program for well over a year with no issues, I do not have it on my system any more (other than the RWY12 libraries).Instead, I use the Instant Scenery program (payware) from Flight1 and occaionally use the EZ program (also payware) from Abacus.These both offer a "what you see is what you get" interface which the RWY12 program does not have.2. The RWY12 program does rely on a viable FSUIPC connection. I assume you have FS2004 actually running and are using some small aircraft to position the object in question. If all that is true, then the sync position button should be working. Altitude is normally zero (0) as it relates to alitude above ground level - unless of course you want the object elevated above ground level.3. I suppose it is "possible" (but not very likely) that later versions of FSUIPC will not work with RWY12. If memory serves, the version of FSUIPC which was current at the time of the initial RWY12 release was something like 3.50. I believe it is up into the 4's now.The pictures you posted indicate you are using a version of FS2004 other than English - French perhaps. I have no idea if that would have any bearing on the problem or not.There is really nothing else I can suggest if indeed you followed the procedure in the FAQ document precisely. As has been stated many times, 99% of the issues anyone had with the RWY12 program were traceable to a missed step during the installation.I wish I could be more helpful.

Guest belga1

Hi,Thank's again! 99% of the issues anyone had with the RWY12 program were traceable to a missed step during the installation.Well I must be part of the other 1% :)Will check the F1 Instant Scenery as substitute ... but this RWY12 seem's (despite not running well here)be a neat proggy.Cheers.

>Hi,>>Thank's again!>> 99% of the issues anyone had with the RWY12 program were>traceable to a missed step during the installation.>>Well I must be part of the other 1% :)>>Will check the F1 Instant Scenery as substitute ... but this>RWY12 seem's (despite not running well here)be a neat proggy.>>Cheers.Both EZ and Instant Scenery have a free trial download. You are limited to placing objects within a fifty mile radius of Seattle but that is enough to get a feel of how the program works.Both will place all of the default objects, all of the RWY12 objects and all of the EZ style library objects.Both are by the same author and cost about the same. I believe the IS program is a much better investment for several reasons which I will not detail here. Check them both out and decide for yourself.

I just took another look at your pictures and wonder if perhaps there is a procedural error here.As best I remember, you do NOT use the ADD button until AFTER you have used the sync FS position button.In the picture, you appear to have added the object prior to entering the placement coordinates.Perhaps I am mis-understanding what I am seeing, but............