Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Path for aliased panel folder in Aircraft repaint folder?

Guest ThrottleUp

Hello all :)I've got a feeling the answer is staring me in the face on this one but I cant seem to get it working. I want to alias one 777 panel to all my Posky 777-200 planes. Not a problem when I did it in the usual fashion: created a folder called Posky 777-200 Panel and then inserted a panel.cfg in each of the repaints which read:[Fltsim]alias=Posky Boeing 777-200 PanelpanelThe main panel folder currently sits in: FS9/Aircraft/Posky 777-200 Panel.What I want to do now is move the core panel folder (the one which feeds all the repaints) into one of the repaints (to declutter FS9/Aircraft)So:B777-200 GE90 <-----I want to stick the panel in hereB777-200 GE90-92BB777-200 GE90-94BB777-200 RRTrent 877B777-200 RRTrent 892B777-200 PW4000But I cant seem to get it working. What do I put after alias=?Thanks guys :)

Before you move the panel, make a copy of it and rename the copy as panel.poskyThen move the panel.posky to your B777-200 GE90 folderThen edit your alias to read alias=B777-200 GE90panel.posky I believe that should do the trick.Another alternative might be to place the Panel.posky into your fsfsconv folder (which you should have in your aircraft folder), and alias any aircraft's panel to that location.The syntax then would be alias=fsfsconverpanel.poskyDon't forget the period between the words panel and posky.Hope this helps.

Guest ThrottleUp

Thanks for the advice :) Im working on it now while reading your instructions! I didnt know about the dot bit, will make sure I get that right. Also interesting that you mentioned the fsfsconv folder I had forgotten about that!

>Thanks for the advice :) Im working on it now while reading>your instructions! I didnt know about the dot bit, will make>sure I get that right. Also interesting that you mentioned the>fsfsconv folder I had forgotten about that! >>>>You can have as many different panel folders as you may need. The suffix after the period is how they are individually named to keep them separated. The actual suffix can be anything you want as long as you remember what each one is when you go to aliasing to one of them.examples:Panel.onePanel.twoPanel.threeetc, etc.Of course there are two methods you can use for alaising panels:One is the alias typed directly on the panel=lineexample: panel=alias=fsfsconvpanel.oneThe other is to put the same info into a clean panel.cfg fileexample:[fltsim]alias=fsfsconvpanel.oneHope this has been helpful.