Sign in to follow this  
Carob

Help with Specific AFCAD File

Hello. I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with something regarding an AFCAD file for some scenery I have installed for KGEG. The AFCAD file that I'm using with it (made by someone else) has a problem when trying to use rwy 21. It seems there is some sort of invisible box right around the end of rwy 21 that prevents planes from being able to contact the tower for take off. When tuned to the tower freq and having the atc window showing you can slew the plane down the runway and see that the option becomes available. It is the same thing on both sides of the rwy.My knowledge of AFCAD is limited and I can't seem to figure out what is causing this. Is there someone who might be willing to take a look if I send the files?This is a crazy problem that prevents even AI aircraft from doing anything when using rwy 21.Thanks very much!Gary

Sure -Just attach it to an e-mail toopaflightsimaddict at verizon dot netand I will be happy to take a look.

The problem with the stock KGEG is the overrun area for RWY 21. You will notice that RWY 03 also has a overrun but the taxiway enters the runway on the actual runway texture and not on the overrun. Your AFCAD may not have fixed this error that is in the default KGEG airport.Overruns in FS are not considered part of a runway. The work around for KGEG is to move the taxiway entrance back to where it intersects with the actual runway (see Google Earth) the same as what RWY 03 looks like.The following link shows a picture toward the bottom of the page explaining overrun issueshttp://flightsim2004-fanatics.com/

It doesn't help that Geiger no longer has an over run. The FS9 KGEG AFCAD is grossly out of date. The tower's moved to the south end of the runway, the southern half of the airfield has been drastically altered, and I don't believe that they recognized the extension of runway 3-21 at the release of FS9.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satellite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004, MIDCON P-401"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach