Sign in to follow this  
Busdvr

White ball at KSEA

Recently there appeared a large white or untextured radome style ball that sits between the taxiway and rwy 34R near the red and white attennae. Anyone have an idea where this comes from. It must be an addon somewhere as I have reverted to default KSEA and it is still there.

>Recently there appeared a large white or untextured radome>style ball that sits between the taxiway and rwy 34R near the>red and white attennae. Anyone have an idea where this comes>from. It must be an addon somewhere as I have reverted to>default KSEA and it is still there.>Attach a picture of what you are seeing please.

Thanks for the quick reply. I suddenly found myself unable to obtain the picture. I should learn to do that some day. At any rate, I answered my own question. It was the radar.bgl in an EZ Scenery library. But I still am not sure what file is writing it. This was the largest dome I have every seen. From photos of the airport, I don't see a radar dome that close to the runway. This thing looked about 3 - 4 stories tall. At any rate, thanks again.

Do you have the KMSP scenery by BluePrint?http://www.blueprintsimulations.com/BluePrint_Downloads.htmThere's an updated KMSPTower.BGL that will remove a radar from KSEA.For my screen captures, I use the free ScreenHunter program listed here. Easy install and configuration, then easy capturing. But there are numerous alternatives available, in the Avsim Library as well.

Mike...

Yup, the Blueprint KMSP scenery causes a problem at KSEA...They have a patch if you have both sceneries installed. Cheers,Scott

If you want to see a big radome IRL, the floating X-band radar comes into Pearl Harbor from time to time and is easily seen from PHNL 08L approach. In fact when it is coming/going ATC closes the 08L approach because it's so big.scott s..