Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

Detroit Scenery Problem

Hi Folks:I apologize if I am a little behind here, but I just noticed that most of downtown Detroit is in the river and the bridge into downtown is over land! Is this due to Ultimate Terrain and/or is there a fix? I searched the scenery design forum but found nothing pertinent. Thanks for any help!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Hi Jim:Besides UT, I have scenery files for the Windsor airport, Ambassador Bridge, and the Detroit airport (KDTW_V2). The bridge file is from 2003. Maybe its the bridge?Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Hi Jim:I tried removing some other scenery for the area, but nothing worked. I then uninstalled UT and that solved the problem! Now I need to find out whether there is a fix for the Detroit area. Here are some before and after screenshots.Thanks for your help!Airbushttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193095.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193096.jpg

Al Kaupa

This is what will happen with UT. DTW is also my home airport and I remember this when I installed UT. I do believe there is a fix for this somewhere at AVSIM but I don't remember the file. Because of these problems, I uninstalled UT a long time ago. I can say, however, that UT is definitely causing the problem. I remember the anomaly well. You may want to visit the flight 1 forums to see if someone can locate the fix.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Thanks Jeff! I will check it out.Airbus

Al Kaupa

Have you tried posting this over at the Ultimate Terrain forum? This happened to my Miami scenery and it was just a matter of what order my UT was in relation to my other scenery in the Scenery list. Very easy to fix.They're usually very helpful and relatively quick to respond, unless something has changed.

Here is what is needed.http://www.qlrp4ut.com/

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I think what Jeff is saying is that you need to install that. Almost a must have if using UT-USA.

Jim,It is quite possible that you have a later version of UT than I had. The later version may have some of the corrections. In fact, I do believe there was a second version - the version I was questioning whether I should install when I was in the Flight 1 forums. Frankly, it has been so long ago since I uninstalled UT that I don't remember what transpired but I do know that may of the buildins along the coast were misplaced by MS. When UT came along and put the coasts in the right place, many of the buildings and bridges ended up in the water. Downtown Detroit was one of the areas affected. People have made corrections over time and some of those correction may be been incorporated in to a UT update.