Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

New ATC voice pack????

Just curious if anyone has ever recorded one or attempted to? The SDK says you need to record some 5,000 files but I would have thought a lot more... after all isn't there something like 24,000+ airports in the game?Gee... I wonder how long it would take? Mmmmm...:(

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Just Flight has alternate voice packs in their Traffic 2005 product with different accents for the different voices.FlyMex's series has a Spanish language voice pack.I think Radar Contact uses an alternate voice pack - but it may be a standalone for their program.Five thousand sound files sounds about right. There are a lot of combinations which could be made from that many sound files. That is how we make new callsigns, airport names and such with EditVoicePack for FS2004.I doubt 5,000 of the 24,000 airports in the FS world have names set to play for them. The vast, vast majority are just called by their designators.You can see all the default sounds in the FS2004 ATC VoicePack SDK - http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/a...epack_setup.exe