Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikewij

FS2004 loading problem - help!

Guest mikewij

Hi All,My FS2004 suddenly developed a loading problem in that the title screen loads and then a box titled 'SIM Track' comes up with an error message 'Warning:unable to locate airport data file'. If I click OK the loading continues but the program becomes very unstable and hard to close down. I did have SIM charts 3.0 Demo and PMDG B747-400 loaded but have (attempted)to remove all of these add-ons to try to fix the problem. I can't seem to remove the SIM charts using 'add and remove programs' which I suspect is where the problem may lie. The original driver discs load fine onto any other computer so it's not the program that's corrupt. It must be something in my PC?. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated especially how to remove that SIM charts demo program (the message I get is 'InstallShield ® Setup Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.'). Many thanks.CheersMike

Hi,Sounds like you have two options here.1.) Reinstall "Sim Track" and then uninstall it hoping that it removes all registry entries.2.) Use "regedit" to scan your registry for any entries that still may have "Sim Track" (**WARNING THAT I SUGGEST YOU "BACKUP" YOUR REGISTRY FIRST AND DON'T ATTEMPT THIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING**)Hope this helps,Regards,Ralf..

Flight Simulator - MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 Pro |  HDD - 1 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVME M.2 (OS) - 1 x WD Blue 1TB NVME M.2 (Software) - 1 x WD Blue (SMR) 2TB 3.5 SATA (Storage) | Main Board - MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK | CPU - AMD Ryzen 7, 5800X (3.8Ghz) Un-clocked | RAM - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 3600Mhz | Video Card - MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X TRIO 10GB Monitor - SAMSUNG 49" LC49RG90 ULTRAWIDE | VR Headset - HP Reverb G2 |  Case - Corsair 5000D Airflow | CPU Cooling - Corsair ICUE H115i Elite Cappelix 280MM | Power Supply - Gigabyte AORUS AP850GM 850W 
Controls - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke & Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant + Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition + CH Products Pro Pedals 

f70zmw-6.png