Sign in to follow this  
Chris Willis

Fs 2004 Web Site Updated

"Even for fs2k2 and latest game available an pIII-800 you are limited...."Odd, but I have had a great time running 2k2 and my other fav titles on a P3/800. Then again, except for 2k2, Trainsim and Nolimits coaster, I'm not a serious gamer--strictly a simmer. With 2k2, the main sacrifice I have is AI, which is something I don't use much anyway. I don't consider myself limited-- I'd just rather spend the money on things like my family vacation, which I just returned from :) I have a happy wife and toddler, both of whom frown when they see 2k2 fired up...Seriously, as I did with 2k2, before I'd invest in an upgrade, I'd wait for '04's release, and wait to hear feedback from those who already have high end, and even low to midrange systems. After the feedback on '02, rather than a new cpu (which would have required a new MB), I invested in upgrading my video and RAM.Sadly, the MS site is blocked by our firewall as a "games" site, so I can't see the latest shots. I lack the bandwidth at home to enjoy them. Hopefully, they'll start appearing on a few alternate sites.-John

Guest ssurjap

Awesome is all I can say. I wonder, though, if they will include gate numbers in addition to the taxiway signs. In FS2002, I always find myself going to the taxiway but then I don't know where to park :).Steven

Guest ssurjap

I wonder if they'll include gate numbers as well. A lot of times, I'll taxi to the ramp using the taxiway, but I find myself taxiing to any gate because there are no gate numbers.

Guest BobKK

I was hoping that FS2004 would give us the option of flyingSIDS and STARS, but I didn't see this mentioned, although itdid talk about more realistic vectoring.Bob

That's why I always get a progressive taxi when I'm taxiing to the gate or parking... I may know the route very well, but I need it to find my parking spot... :)Even with taxiway signs, I can see myself getting easily lost without a progressive, unless the FS9 ATC specifically tells you which way to turn on a particular taxiway....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

What we need is a marshaller. I've seen may add on scenery that offers this so it shouldn't be a big deal to add. Especially when you weigh it to the benefits. I normal switch and monitor ground but never contact ground for taxi to park since you cant request take-off until you actually hit the parking spot. This becomes a problem if you save your flight and park else where. Hopefully they will remove the "unfamiluar to the airport" part since for the most part i am familuar with the airport just dont know where on the tarmac they want me to park.Kilstorm

>>>>I was wondering though there isn't any thunderstorm clouds shown in fs2004 so my question is what will the C/Bs look like and will the lightning light up the night sky as in real life or just see lightning streaks like in fs2000/02.<<<<<<<<

Guest sidewinder

The sky looks awesome now, I hope they fix those dreaded blurries I can still see them in the pics. And also the old terrain textures should be replaced with new ones. And also I hope the flight modelling issues are fixed on the ground and in the air, and improved in general. Also the autoflight system needs to be fixed.

I keep a running list of things I think should be improved with each release. Here is that list not including items that MS said would be included in the next release. AI improvement suggestions:1) Ability to fly non-direct routes. Benefits would allow for simmers to create

It all looks fine and dandy if eye candy is priority. I for one would be happy if they just tune up the flight model and allow for planes to do proper loops and upsets and be able to make approaches at idle throttle without stalling. Also, and nobody talks of this too much but when banking in a real aircraft it is necessary to wind the yoke back once at the desired bank angle or the plane will just keep rolling. Fly 2 simulates this very well. I know flight modeling can be improved within FS after-all real flight pulled it off with the marchetti.

> I for >one would be happy if they just tune up the flight model and >allow for planes to do proper loops and upsets and be able >to make approaches at idle throttle without stalling. As to making approaches at idle without stalling, I'm quite positive that even the default Cessna 172 & 182 are easily capable of it. I don't ever remember an issue with this, although I use 3rd party files to update the defaults.Now ------- in real life, there are many GA aircraft with higher wing loadings that DO require small amounts of throttle through the landing approach, as well as throttle to arrest sink-rate or even pull the nose up during the flare. If you have an engine out, you would have to allow for higher approach speeds to compensate, or perhaps land short of the runway.L.Adamson

Guest liebowa

Did anyone happen to capture those videos, or, know where else they can be downloaded from?I've been trying to view them for a few days - but I keep getting a message that they are unavailable...(Yes, both of them...)Thanks!

Guest BobKK

Lots of good suggestions. Here's another one for AI aircraft.Increase the taxi speed!!! Following an AI aircraft to the departure runway is quite tedious.Bob

Guest kurtj

Thanks for the comments about the cb clouds. Also there is a question. You said there was a choice of weather randomizers. So does this mean I can still create my own weather patterns as well as the weather themes? I like creating my own too.