Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

AI's and Antarctica

I notice that AI aircraft don't seem to make it to Antarctica. Is it too far south for them? I thought I might get some to go to McMurdo. They take off and head in the right direction, but then disappear someplace, as they never show up. I like to do the flight from Christchurch to Byrd but they don't stay with me there either.

When I was flying I had a whole setup for Antarctica. What you need is scenery and an AFCAD file for parking at the airport. The following packages are available:1. Antarctica Scenery Pack - Keir2. Ice Station Delta - Unk (nisd.zip - has AFCAD)3. Stamar Ice Base - Drzewiecki (AFCAD)Note: The ICAO codes for these packages have to entered into the airports.txt file as they are not standard. In addition, you'll have to search for AI aircraft that will look OK in the region. For example, I used C-141s, C-130s, DHC-6s, helicopters, DC-3s, etc - all in orange liveries. You can find these on AVSIM.Then, make your FPs support flights from places like South America, Air Force bases in the US or Russia, etc. Or develop FPs that cause the aircraft to just fly around the continent and then come back. Or, make them static. Don't forget the ICAO codes. The Stamar package has NZ0A and SDMM. This package also has a bunch of cool scenery elements such as snow tractors and such.fb