Sign in to follow this  
Guest jackfrost

The trouble with Naples is....

Guest jackfrost

that is looks like this (see attachments)Its the excellent (I remember it being excellent anyway) Napulavola scenery.Can anyone help me get it to look right? I have checked the website and seen a post about .bgl files needing replacing and have tried all combinations to no avail.Anyone have an ideas as a week of playing around with it has yielded no improvement...As always, many thanks in advance for your helpJack

Oh! That Naples! The one in South Florida doesn't have those Big Guys landing there. In any case, Have you anything but an AFCAD for this Airport, and if you do have associated scenery and textures are they installed in the scenery index? Maybe I'm over simplifying the problem, but sometimes it's the simple things.P.S. I've Googled "Napulavola", and can't find anythingBill :-hmmm

Guest jackfrost

Hi Bill,Naples Italy - Sorry for the confusion!!!Sorry I was in a rush and took a guess at the spelling and turns out I was wrong on a couple of letters...Here's the scenery I was talking about www.napulevola.it/ThanksJack

Sorry Jack! My Italian consists of Pizza and not much else. I'd like to help, but even without reading Italian, it looks like Payware. Since I never fly in that area except to Crash into landmarks like the Coloseum and the Vatican, I must withdraw.Bill *:-*

Guest jackfrost

Its definitely not payware - I downloaded it earlier this week. Thanks for your help though Bill..got me thinking as to whether I did put it in the right folder now!!! Will definitely be feeling stupid if this turns out to be true!

There is a more extensive and more up-to-date photoreal sceneryof Naples and surrounding regions created by Fulvio Mazzokan.Search for these files here in the AVSIM library and install them all.You can still retain Napulevuola LIRN scenery. All works very well.You will also need to download any good mesh for southern Italy.italy_campania_1_caserta.zipitaly_campania_2_napoli.zipitaly_campania_3_sansevero.zipitaly_campania_4_benevento.zipitaly_campania_5_melfi.zipitaly_campania_6_palinuro.zipRegards

Looking at your screenshots, it looks like you might have duplicate AFCADs for the airport. It looks like double textures on the runway and in the other picture there are planes parking in the grass and other spots. Use SCANAFD to see if there are duplicate AFCADs and if so, either rename or delete the older AFCAD.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...util&DLID=45600There is a Scan Directories option, make sure you choose to scan all scenery addon directories.

Guest jackfrost

There is only one afcad that I can find using SCANAFD - it only found one.Im quite close to giving up on this one - I think that it must be something to do with 'flattens' or something but thats a bit too technical for me.Thanks for everyones help!Jack

>Hi Bill,>>Naples Italy - Sorry for the confusion!!!>>Sorry I was in a rush and took a guess at the spelling and>turns out I was wrong on a couple of letters...Here's the>scenery I was talking about www.napulevola.it/>>Thanks>>>JackI don't read Italian either - can you provide the exact filename so I can at least search for it on that site?It is probably something relatively simple that got missed in the installation but until one of us can unzip the file and take a look, we are just guessing.

I went back to the site and found Napulevola_Albenga_Airport_LIMG.exeIs that the scenery in question?If so, I extracted it to a temp folder first, then moved the files manually where they should go and cannot duplicate your problem.It is vital the 4 files- AP950160.BGL AP950160.BGL.bak FL950160.bgl FL950160.bgl.bakare in your SceneryEurwscenery subfolder as they remove the default airport data (and provide a backup of the original if needed).It works fine for me.If I got the wrong file, please advise.

I have no problems with this scenery.From the pics also to me it seems an Afcad issue. Did you activate the option 'all scenery addon directories' AND 'include disabled directories' in ScanAFD ?The latest Afcad for this scenery is AF2_LIRN.bgl filesize 7499 dated 08/23/07. Is this the file ScanAFD finds ?You may try the following:Create a new folder and name it TEST. Within this folder create a subfolder Scenery and copy the AF2 LIRN.bgl there. Now activate the folder TEST in FS9 with the highest priority. This should result in a completely correct picture. If yes, than you have probably a hidden second AF2 file somewhere, if no than there is something messed up and you should try a re-install if not done already.>> Opa, the screenshots do not seem to be LIMG (northern Italy) but LIRN (southern Italy) Filename: Napulevola_LIRN_2006_1.2_Beta_3.rar which includes the above AF2-fileCiao, Peter

>>>> Opa, the screenshots do not seem to be LIMG (northern>Italy) but LIRN (southern Italy) Filename:>Napulevola_LIRN_2006_1.2_Beta_3.rar which includes the above>AF2-file>>Ciao, PeterI got the correct one this time.I too find no issues with the scenery. I installed it to a temp folder first and then moved things manually where they belong.There must be something left over from a previous installation which is causing issues for the original poster.

Guest jackfrost

Thanks very much for your suggestions guys. Ill try them out when Im home from work this evening and report back.Thanks againJack