Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Possible to update navdata in FS9? + How I make a flightplan

Hi,I use default ATC, the way I make a flightplan in FS9 is to get a real-world route from either flightaware or vRoute. I then start deleting all intersections and VORs from the FS flightplan that are not listed in the real route, then I manually and sometimes painstakingly find every VOR and intersection on the map that is on my real flightplan and add them to my FS9 flightplan which works well. So far, even though FS9 is a little over 5 years old, I've not come across an intersection or VOR on my real flightplan that I couldn't find in the sim. Surely new VORs are built and old VORs removed from service as well as intersections added and deleted. In any case, is there a file that updates FS9's navigation database?Thanks,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Hi, thanks guys, Clarke the link you provided doesn't work. Does anyone know where I can find a nav update for the US?Thanks again,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>Hi, thanks guys, Clarke the link you provided doesn't work. >Does anyone know where I can find a nav update for the US?>>Thanks again,>>JeffJeff,It took several tries at different times before I got thru.GeoCities is a free "hosting" service from Yahoo ... so there could be connection delays etc.Clarke's link did work tho ... use the entire link including the characters @... in it also.I wonder if the update is just for Europe or the entire world?Does anyone know?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW