Sign in to follow this  
Guest kurtj

FS9 and Windows XP SP3

Guest kurtj

I was wondering if there have been reports of problems with SP3 and FS9 recently and just SP3 alone. I am at the point were if seems like I won't get anymore XP updates if I don't run the XP SP3. Has anyone recieved updates by ignoring SP3 lately? Any info would be great. Thank You,Kurt.

Hello Kurt,I have been running FS9 with SP3 since the first day, no problems whatsoever.

>I was wondering if there have been reports of problems with>SP3 and FS9 recently and just SP3 alone. I am at the point>were if seems like I won't get anymore XP updates if I don't>run the XP SP3. Has anyone recieved updates by ignoring SP3>lately? Any info would be great. >>Thank You,>>Kurt.Apparently a number of people have experienced problems with SP3 - see this thread and judge for yourself:http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthrea...ghlight=updatesRead all responses.I did not allow it to be installed on my machine.

I had an italics font issue when I installed SP3, it was easily fixed (do a search for the Avsim thread about this).I have since done a fresh install of XP slipstreamed up to SP3 and have encountered zero issues. Don't see why anyone would not install SP3 at this point.

Mike...

>>Don't see why anyone would not install SP3 at this point.I do. But I did after 3 months and have had no problems whatsoever. I would never buy a new car the first 2 or 3 months it's out, either. :D