Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry.S

FS9 AI

Guest Terry.S

Hey guysThere is probably other posts of this sort within these forums but wanted to know through you guys experience, as I think the two programs below have been out for a while now. My question is, what you would consider the best AI add-on program for FS9Ultimate Traffic 2007 or My Traffic X or any others I have not seen :)Also, is it possible to take out the ai planes in fs9 so they don't show at any airport when you have another AI program running within FS9?Apologise if in the wrong forum area.:-shy ThanksTerry

>Hey guys>>There is probably other posts of this sort within these forums>but wanted to know through you guys experience, as I think the>two programs below have been out for a while now. >>My question is, what you would consider the best AI add-on>program for FS9>>Ultimate Traffic 2007 or My Traffic X or any others I have not>seen :)>>Also, is it possible to take out the ai planes in fs9 so they>don't show at any airport when you have another AI program>running within FS9?>>Apologise if in the wrong forum area.:-shy >>Thanks>>Terry>>>Can't offer advice on your first question as I use the free World of AI packages.The second question - simply rename your default traffic file.It is named traffic030528.bgl. Rename it as traffic030528.bgl.ORIGINALAssuming a default installation, that file is found in:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryWorldsceneryBy renaming (rather than deleting) it with a non-recognized extension, you can easily restore it later if you wish by restoring the correct name. Hope this helps.

What are your goals?World of AI - Free - Extensive but not comprehensive - Best AI models of any package - real world schedules - Good support on their forums (WoA does not create anything but the package - the models, schedules and repaints are all gathered from various freeware contributors and packaged with their permission) Does require that you find updated parking files (AFCAD) for the airports from various sources.MAIW - Military AI Works - Free - Extensive representational military packages - very good package implementation with airport parking and scenery update files since most military airports have no AI parking or capability. Good support forum.Project AI - Free - Extensive but not comprehensive - Fair AI models in some packages - real world schedules - not updated much these days - personally I only use PAI for airlines not available from WoA - like the DHL and FedEx feeder airline packages. PAI has many good, but old and not updated, AFCAD files in their library which can be used with any AI package. Good support forum.Ultimate Traffic - Payware from Flight1 - Most comprehensive/ complete real world schedules - but takes some extra work to find additional repaints to fill out the field. Also need to update some configuration data for some airports around the world. Pretty good user drive support forum. Good for FS2004 - not well updated for FSX - PAI models - latest schedule update is Summer 2007. Includes an extensive but not very updated group of AFCAD files. Some individual airports have been updated very well.Traffic 2005/X - Payware from Just Flight - Comprehensive with some real world but mostly representational schedules - originally used PAI models - but now has many developed just for Traffic. Unsure about support forums - has some good military, GA and helicopter added AI. Includes an extensive but not very updated group of AFCAD files. Some individual airports have been updated very well.My Traffic - Payware - Comprehensive schedules - mostly representational. Only AI program/ package to be compliant with MS FS2004 and FSX Traffic Tool Box SDK. Extensive collection of models, updated frequently. Most people say it has the least FPS impact - due to models being much less complex/ detailed. The best most extensive support forum of any packge run by the developer. Includes an extensive group of AFCAD files.I would encourage that you try some freeware first and look at screenshots in detail on the payware. Check the various support forums.Look at issues people are having.The best AI systems end up being a combination - with a base of the WoA packages, or hand installed airlines - and using PAI and one of the payware packages as fillers.Those are very expensive in the man hours necessary to build and tweak.The payware packages will get you up and operating quickly - My Traffic and Traffic will probably do the best job of full repaints for the schedules/ airports.Though I really like the extensive customization and flexibility of Ultimate Traffic.Probably 60% of my AI is World of AI and MAIW and PAI. 20% hand installed and 19% Ultimate Traffic with substituted AI models. The other is a scattering of Traffic and My Traffic specialty AI - GA, Helicopter, Military.My AI takes about 5-10 man hours per month to keep updated and maintain.

Hello Terry,I would highly recommend WOAI, excellent quality freeware add-on in terms of eye-candy and performance.

>Hello Terry,>>I would highly recommend WOAI, excellent quality freeware>add-on in terms of eye-candy and performance.I second that! I also like the fact that you can choose which packages to install (or just go install all of them).

Guest Terry.S

First of guys, many thanks for your views you have shared. Much appreciated and a lot to take in for a new guy.I think first of all going by your comments that perhaps a freeware set of Ai's would be the way to go for me at this time. From what I have read on this post there are quite a few areas I need to look at too. What I did not wont to do was shell out money on a payware addon and then find that that perhaps it was not the right one to get.I have found the website for WOAI and looked at that, which seems good so I think I'll try that first. Going by your comments, I don't think I will have to look to much further. By the way David, I renamed the bgl file and its ok, thanks for thatThanks again guysTerry

By disabling the default traffic file you will also lose any GA traffic so be prepared to add some GA packages also. WOAI has some and there are a number of thers available also.

If you scroll down on this page - http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/uplo...A/Def_GA_DL.htmyou can download individual traffic files for each GA aircraft type in the FS2004 setup - just place the individual .bgl file in your SceneryWorldScenery folder to enable that GA aircraft.You can download them one by one, or in a group zip.I would recommend you use the WoA / Ultimate GA Lear 45 package rather than the default Lear 45 - though the UGA package is based on the real world aircraft and does not have as many Learjets flying in many countries as the default GA.

>I would recommend you use the WoA / Ultimate GA Lear 45>package rather than the default Lear 45 - though the UGA>package is based on the real world aircraft and does not have>as many Learjets flying in many countries as the default GA.I definitely agree, I was fed up with having US (N) registred Pipers and Cessna Caravans in secondary european airports, not that it doesn't exist in real life but still...With WOAI GA packages that issue is solved very accurately hence the size of the GA packages.

The alternate GA on my site does use correct registratons for the default GA - for at least one of the two airports in each FP.Not my work - Phil Reynolds did that huge and awesome task.

Guest Terry.S

I must admit the WOAI a/c look really good. I've installed various airlines/schedules from there site. One problem that i have with WAOI British Airways is that there are so many BA planes, they seem to take up a lot of docks at EGLL. So much so that in a few docking areas it seems that planes are overlayed in a single dock,{if you know what I mean} say like 3 planes parked in the same dock. Does this mean that the installation has gone wrong or is there a fix I can do to stop this. Other than that it all works really well. I am also look at the site for GA schedules so this will populate some of the smaller airports I visit as a/c seem to be quite sparse at these.One last question, is there a site where perhaps they have a teamspeak for general chat and information to do with flight simming? other than a VA because I'm dont think I'm ready for that yet but perhaps in the near future.One thing learnt, a million more to learn. ;) Thanks guysTerry

Hi Terry,I'm glad you liked WOAI. Well, actually I don't think having a lot of BA at EGLL is anormal :D Seriously, assuming your AI is 100% this also depends on the other packages installed. Are they companies that come in and out of Heathrow?More importantly, aircraft parking depends on the AFCAD (airport layout) file. If you are using the default airport you won't have a realistic number of parking spots and layout. Search the library for a modified EGLL AFCAD file for your airport or better, install an add-on scenery (payware or freeware, it's up to you), this way you will notice the difference.The best solution however would be to assign parking for specific companies but sorry, I don't know how that's done, someone more knowlegeable will explain that.As for GA density, hmm...that comes down to the number of parking spots available to GA aircraft too.As I said, some of the members here are experts on these issues, they should be able to give you more specific answers. > is there a site where perhaps they have a>teamspeak for general chat and informationNot that I know of but there must be...Happy simming