Sign in to follow this  
csturdiv

Anyway to "dummy down" the SCS Tu-134

Is there a way to dummy down the SCS Tu-134? I am kind of the virtual pilot that wants to just jump into a plane and fly. This plane is so confusing to operate, from the start-up process to trying to figure out the navigation. If I was to replace the panel with a different one that does not require the in-depth processes, would that make it a Tu-134 for Dummies? If so, then I might use the same trick on the Yak-42 as well, and maybe the Tu-154.

No, there isn't... You could try replacing the panel; I'm not sure of the results though.DJ

Guest belga1

Hello,Must be possible...At last for fast flying I have the 737 50North panel alliased to the Tupolev 134A SCS and this work.For fast flying the Tupolev 154 I have a DC-10 panel alliased.Cheers.

Why would one download a phantastic and superb peckage like the SCS TU 134 and then "dummy" it down? If you want to fly a simple TU 134 then load down one of the simple TU 134 models an panels that are available.What you are intending to do is like buying a Ferrari and then converting it into a beetle instead of just buying a beetle.Wolfgangedited due to wrong spelling

Guest belga1

Hello,Why would one download a phantastic and superb peckage like the SCS TU 134 and then "dummy" it down? Sometime peoples make errors ...They bought a Ferrari (as they can afford) but after they realise they can not drive it and prefer their old beetle :)Cheers.

Well my original message stated it, I want to be able to jump into a plane and fly it and not need hours and hours and hours of time trying to figure out how to get the engines started...then figuring out how to activate the controls to enable ground steering...then trying to figure out how to operate the nav panels. Honestly what I asked for is no different than people asking how to merge panels from various models into others, so I do not understand your confusion.

I want to be able to jump>into a plane and fly it and not need hours and hours and hours>of time trying to figure out how to get the engines>started...then figuring out how to activate the controls to>enable ground steering...then trying to figure out how to>operate the nav panels. It takes about 5 mins or less to start up and one 'click' to turn on groud steering. You don't have to go anywhere near the nav panel, you can use DME/VOR.If you want to replace the TU panel with, lets say, the default 737 panel, that's fair enough and I respect your decision. I just, for the life of me, can't understand why. Why not just use the default aircraft?No offence intended, just a friendly chat :-) Though if you planned to do something similar to the PT TU-154m, I would consider this sacrilegious ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest bluesman666

HiWhere can I find the scs tu-134 panelThanksDave

I did a quick search and could not find a simple TU-134 designed for FS2004. However there is one aveilable here at the AVSIM library which was designed for FS2002, but also works in FS2004. Here is a link to the download - I think this plane should suit your needs. As a bonus the model can also be used as AI a/c.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...002ac&Go=SearchCheers, Wolfgang

Guest belga1

Hello,Indeed .. I tested this plane (Tu-134) and also the TU-154 on the same page and they work great .. just some FDE ajustements needed (elevator for the 134)A good place to visit for russians planes:http://rossiya.123.fr/se-mainThis site ease the approach of what seem's complicated for many ... the russians planes :)Regards.

>I did a quick search and could not find a simple TU-134>designed for FS2004. However there is one aveilable here at>the AVSIM library which was designed for FS2002, but also>works in FS2004. Here is a link to the download - I think this>plane should suit your needs. As a bonus the model can also be>used as AI a/c.>>http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...002ac&Go=Search>>Cheers, WolfgangThose were great planes for their time - I used them a lot. Look at how small those file sizes are ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)