Sign in to follow this  
Guest Denis Kosenko

the plane is bare after the installation

Guest Denis Kosenko

Hi guys,I need your help. I downloaded an AARDVARK Aeroflot B734 plane, but I had problems installing it correctly. I can see the plane in the B734 menu (along with the World Travel, Orbit, American, etc.) but it

Hi Denis-The paint may not show because you added a texture from Aardvark for the default FS9 model and unless it was specifically painted for the FS (Microsoft) aircraft then it will remain colorless.If it was painted to be added to the default FS aircraft then check to make sure that you listed it as "texture=5" (for texture.5)Best,

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest Denis Kosenko

>Hi Denis-The paint may not show because you added a texture>from Aardvark for the default FS9 model and unless it was>specifically painted for the FS (Microsoft) aircraft then it>will remain colorless.>>If it was painted to be added to the default FS aircraft then>check to make sure that you listed it as "texture=5" (for>texture.5)>>Best,Hi Maxam66,Thanks for the prompt response! Yes, I did add a texture from Aardvark for the default FS9, but I guess I did everything correctly. I did list it as

Hi Denis-The plane will look even worse because it is not in the base folder where the model and .air file is located, so put the texture.5 folder back in and add it back to the aircraft.cfgIt seems that it is using the default .mdl file check the .air file and ensure that it does actually read as Boeing737-400.air If the .air file reads differently then change the sim= line in the aircraft.cfg to match the heading of the .air file.Last thing, is the {fltsim.X} sequenced properly? Check the order of the numbers again, I know that I have had problems myself when I misnumbered them.If that does not work copy and paste the link to the Aardvark download and I will have a look at it for you on Saturday afternoon if I have a chance.Best,Robert Halmich

\Robert Hamlich/

Please state the exact filename and where you got it for both the "repaint" and the "fix" file if you would please.I have not seen the possibility of using an AArdvark paint with anything other than a AArdvark base model before, so am intrigued.

Unless file names are identical, it's not gonna happen. And even then, the texture mapping is gonna be different, so your results may vary and that's an understatement!Furthermore, anything that has to do with AI Aardvark should not be used as user aircraft!If you're looking for default 734 Aeroflot textures, try the following file: [link]http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=35361[/link].

Mike...

>Unless file names are identical, it's not gonna happen. And>even then, the texture mapping is gonna be different, so your>results may vary and that's an understatement!>>Furthermore, anything that has to do with AI Aardvark should>not be used as user aircraft!>>If you're looking for default 734 Aeroflot textures, try the>following file:>[link]http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=35361[/link].I am well aware of that - that is why I asked the original poster for more details. What he says he has found and is trying to do does not make any sense to me.

Guest Denis Kosenko

>Hi Denis-The plane will look even worse because it is not in>the base folder where the model and .air file is located, so>put the texture.5 folder back in and add it back to the>aircraft.cfg>>It seems that it is using the default .mdl file check the .air>file and ensure that it does actually read as>Boeing737-400.air If the .air file reads differently then>change the sim= line in the aircraft.cfg to match the heading>of the .air file.>>Last thing, is the {fltsim.X} sequenced properly? Check the>order of the numbers again, I know that I have had problems>myself when I misnumbered them.>>If that does not work copy and paste the link to the Aardvark>download and I will have a look at it for you on Saturday>afternoon if I have a chance.>>Best,>Robert HalmichHi Robert,Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I found the problem. A texture I had downloaded was made for FS2002, not for 2004 that I run. That

Guest Denis Kosenko

>Please state the exact filename and where you got it for both>the "repaint" and the "fix" file if you would please.>>I have not seen the possibility of using an AArdvark paint>with anything other than a AArdvark base model before, so am>intrigued.>>Hi David,Thanks for trying to help too. In my response to Robert above I have just explained what happened. I didn

Guest Denis Kosenko

>Unless file names are identical, it's not gonna happen. And>even then, the texture mapping is gonna be different, so your>results may vary and that's an understatement!>>Furthermore, anything that has to do with AI Aardvark should>not be used as user aircraft!>>If you're looking for default 734 Aeroflot textures, try the>following file:>[link]http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=35361[/link].Hi Mike,Thanks for the link. I found the other Aeroflot B734 in old colors, but I will definitely try your link as well. It

Guest Gary Buska

This may sound like a dumb question but for which sim was this plane for and which sim are you trying to place it in.:-hmmm