Sign in to follow this  
Winglet

Wrong/early gear warning B737

Hi guys!I am an airline pilot and fly Boeing 737-300 & -500. I found a programming error in both FS2004-B737 and my favorite Wilco B737 PIC: when you extend the flaps to 5 (above 1000 feet radio altitude) and set the thrustlevers to idle for further deceleration the gear-warning-horn sounds. In the real B737 this horn only sounds (above 1000 feet radio altitude) with flaps 15 and greater, idle thrust and gear NOT already down, so it's very disturbing and unrealistic during my flight-sim-sessions. Does anyone knows how to change this behavior in FS2004?Thanks in advance and "happy landings" to all :-)Thomas

Winglet,Having changed the values to reflect my rw experience for the same reason, little flap with thrust levers at or near idle, no gear horn available = annoying and or distracting.Go here, in the aircraft.cfg file, and change the values as they relate to your specific aircraft and try em out, or get a co-pilot to silence the horn, pull the cb etc.[gear_warning_system]gear_warning_available = 1 //Normalpct_throttle_limit = 0.1 //Percent throttle that activates warningflap_limit_idle = 20.0 //Flap angle that activates warning at idleflap_limit_power = 25.5 //Flap angle that activates warning at above idleDouglas

Hi Douglas!Thanks for the quick answer - I could not change the behaviour of the gear warning by editing my Wilco B737-aircraft.cfgDefault values even were:[gear_warning_system]gear_warning_available=0 (!?!)pct_throttle_limit=0.099976flap_limit_power=24.637185flap_limit_idle=0.974028Changed it to your values and there was no change...Just deleted the bmgwarn.wav - and I have nice silence now :-) I know I also loose the gear warning in the higher flap-setting-range without that sound file but as an airline pilot I should somehow be able not to forget to extend the gear before landing with a little help of the final-checklist ;-)Greetz - Thomas

Hi Scoob!Thanks for the cool link - very strange that some airlines really use the gear warning with flaps < 10 and idle power and have to silence it every time - veeery annoying in my opinion...The video-link in the forum-topic is also cool - like the female GPWS-voice but she could say a little bit more than only "50" below decision height ;-)Greetz - Thomas