Sign in to follow this  
Guest H_Kev55

MAIW has done it again.

Guest H_Kev55

The guys at Military AI Works have done it again. Another new AI specific model.This time you get 3 versions of the beloved Dassault Mirage F1 of the French Air Force.Stop by the Avsim library and pick it up today.Kevin JarvisMAIWApacheLogo3.jpg

>The guys at Military AI Works have done it again. Another new>AI specific model.>This time you get 3 versions of the beloved Dassault Mirage F1>of the French Air Force.>>Stop by the Avsim library and pick it up today.>>Kevin Jarvis>>MAIWApacheLogo3.jpgKevin -I believe you have said you are a Beta tester for MAI so perhaps you can answer a quick question about this release for me.Looking at the textures which get installed in the main texture folder I see one named NBAI_Brake_Chute.bmp.That suggests to me that I might see a brake chute deploy when landing but I do not. Should I see one? Just curious.I posted this on the MAI forum but have not had a reply as yet.

Guest H_Kev55

Opa,I didn't work on the project but I'll see what I can find out for you.Edit: Nick would be the one to answer this question. Sometimes things are added for future use but not sure why this wouldn't have been set up from the start.And the original thread for us beta testers has been archived and I don't have access to that so I can't check any further.Sorry.Kevin JarvisMAIWApacheLogo3.jpg

No problem Kevin -I did get a reply from the MAI forum but they did not know either and suggested Nick would have to reply - so I shall just wait to see what he says.

I heard from Nick -There are two models in the package with parachute braking.I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time to see them.It is a really cool effect to watch.

Guest H_Kev55

I agree. Nick does some outstanding work.

We have another true AI helicopter to offer the sim world which is now available. The CH-47 Chinook is another creation from Nick Black and features even better flight dynamics than the AI Apache thanks to Mike MacIntyre and Nick's efforts.The best news is that you can now get both AI helicopter models in the same package, courtesy of the Simmons AAF package which can be downloaded here on AVSIM.Link: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=132983