Sign in to follow this  
hmar

Something BIG is coming

Guest Henri W

Really incredible plane. One of the best if not THE best military plane for FS9 produced so far, including payware.Documentation: Very complete, including all you need to knowExternal model: Stunning photorealism and effectsVirtual cockpit: Photorealistic, highly detailed and with incredible functionalitySystems modeling: Excellent. You should fly this plane properly ;-)Gauge refresh rate: SmooooothFlight dynamics: What a joy it is to fly this planeCongratulations to the creators of this master piece.Best regards,Henri

Guest ledzzepplin

This rivals some of the best payware out there, and it's all for you to enjoy for FREE. From an exterior view, it looks and sounds so real you can almost smell the jet exhaust. Incredible piece of work guys! What a joy! Thanks a bunch!

I played around with the Sabre and discovered a small problem (nothing earth shattering). The guns are mapped to the brake function which with the default mapping of brakes to joystick trigger is fine, but if you have toe brakes and leave the gun switch hot then the guns fire while you're rolling out and braking.A second and perhaps more significant problem is the canopy. I believe it has four textures applied as something like a 'reflection map.' At night with the canopy closed you don't have good visibility with the interior cockpit lights on and there is no dimmer function. The reflection from the canopy is overwhelming and doesn't seem natural or smooth. Maybe I'm being too critical, but I just want to help what little I can. Absolutely love it though, please don't take my post as negative. This is like Christmas in October like someone else said and now this plane is my default ride!

Thanks for all positive comments about our Sabre model, folks. Highly appreciated. :-cool Apache : you do NOT want to activate the guns ( by flipping the master armament switch ) while still on the ground. Since you have adapted the internal glass textures to suit FSX you could easily make them more transparent to suit your liking of the reflections during night flight. :) Cheers,Jan

Jan

Yes, I am very much impressed, especially comparing it to a recent purchase I made of its prime nemesis in Korea.Concerning the canopy texture I merged them all and made changes so they would tile together better and then split them up again.I still can't figure out why the gun sight has a black area over it that I can't get rid of. Refl_sight.jpgIt's been fun learning how these textures go together, so I owe you thanks for that!Tonight I have been toying with the tracers.I cannot wait to see your FSX version!

>I still can't figure out why the gun sight has a black area>over it that I can't get rid of. You're talking FSX here, right ? The gunsight's recticle consists of both an image on the 'glass' as well as a textured 'part'. It looks to me that the 'part' is not textured here. FSX shows all untextured parts in black... >I cannot wait to see your FSX version!Me neither ! :-cool Hope to get started on it shortly but there are other models waiting in line for an FSX bath too.... DC-3, B-25, Avenger to name a few... :-hah Cheers,Jan

Jan

>The gunsight's recticle consists of both an image on the>'glass' as well as a textured 'part'. It looks to me that the>'part' is not textured here. FSX shows all untextured parts in>black... >We're talking about two different things. I re-textured the glass reflector plate to show the reticle as if it were reflected. My version isn't accurate either for the examples I have found.You can see one quick example of it here (less then 1 minute into the film of the F-86 episode):http://www.history.com/video.do?name=dogfightsIn this example the reticle is a reflected object of some type (a circle and center dot) that I believe shows the impact point at the selected range. The black 'circle and cross' reticle is what I would like to do away with.

> The black 'circle and cross'>reticle is what I would like to do away with.Like i said , it's a 'part' . You could try make it transparent by adding an alpachannel to the texture 'f86jv_rect.part.bmp' ( in your FS9/Texture folder. Cheers,Jan

Jan