Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest bigdbronco

strange green texture at night. Can anyone help??

At night, visibility is set below 10 miles, 90% of the time, I get a bright green haze instead of the ususal gray. Its literaly like flying into Pea Soup!! It usually happens from dusk till about 2am or so. I have it with the default textures AND after I installed Perfect Sky textures.Has anyone had this occur and is there a way to fix it? I have wondered if it is a lack of memory on my computer, that wont allow the texture to load? Could a texture be missing? If so, what one? Any insite would be greatly appreiciated! Thanks!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HelloAre you flying in northern latitudes?If you are then what you describe sounds a bit like the aurora Borealis(northern lights)an effect built into FS9.aNDY

no its not that. It is anwhere in the world, and it encompasses the entire view out my window.

>no its not that. It is anwhere in the world, and it>encompasses the entire view out my window.You might experiment with the Render to Texture setting in your Settings/Display/Hardware dialogue and see if that makes any difference.

HelloAS I usually say in these circumstances you could perhaps re-install the original texture folder from the installation discs(backing up your present one of course.)Before doing that maybe you could uninstall your perfect sky textures and just see if the defaults are free of pea soup.Andy