Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

FS9 STILL rocks and why I'll never migrate to FSX...

Ray,Well said ... IMO, could not be better.I need a new PC, but, will run (keep running) FS9 when I get it!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest XQ-NUE

Hello folks,DO NOT expext to much from the upcomming FS2009/FS2010 (however) because Microsoft is not that much intersted in FS as some of you think. Not long ago MS stated that the Flight Simulator is not that important for Mircrosft. Many peoples think the FS is a very important product for MS but it isn't. That's what MS said. So I ould not expect to much improvements in the upcomming FS.FS2004Well, I bought a new PC in the beginning of 2008 and FS9 works like #### on it. High frames, smooth pictures, sliders right, 250 AI Airlines, many add on's and so on. So why should I chnage to FSX?With all the add on's in my FS9 the FS9 looks as good as the default FSX but with one difference: IT WORKS AWESOME!

DO NOT expext to much from the upcomming FS2009/FS2010 (however) because Microsoft is not that much intersted in FS as some of you think. Not long ago MS stated that the Flight Simulator is not that important for Mircrosft. Many peoples think the FS is a very important product for MS but it isn't. That's what MS said. So I ould not expect to much improvements in the upcomming FS.If you're going to post rubbish like that then provide links to your sources. This sort of garbage gets posted every so often and has been proved to be false every time.Flight Simulator continues to the most popular Microsoft game title. A quick search using Google shows it still in the top ten 2 years after release. http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=36303

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest XQ-NUE

Don't be so harsh you do not know me so You should not talk in that way with me!Source: FS Magazin or FlightXPress, Edition 10/2008"...the Microsoft Flight Simulator is not as important for Microsoft as some simmer might think..."Take care about your way of writting we are a community and no competitors.very best regards

That wasn't harsh but stories like this get put out every so often and no evidence is provided to back it up. If your source is this German magazine I'm afraid I don't speak German but I'd be amazed if they had an excusive on the story that MS is losing interest in FS.http://www.fsmagazin.de/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest XQ-NUE

No problem. In some way I understand youDo not get me wrong, MS does not say that they loose interest. It is only written that the FS does not play such a huge part at MS Games as some of us think. I think they soled lot's of FS2004 / FSX (The FS2000 soled 20.000.000 times within 1 Months -> Guiness Book Of Records) but I think they do not pay as much attention to the product as we think because the money MS earns by selling Games is not huge compared to the other MS Products. MS Games are just a litte bit of money in addition ... at least I think so

I try to be reasonable in all my posts. :-)Do not get me wrong, MS does not say that they loose interest.But in your earlier post you wrote DO NOT expext to much from the upcomming FS2009/FS2010 (however) because Microsoft is not that much intersted in FS as some of you think. It was those words that caused me to respond as I did.You may not have been around these forums for very long so I should perhaps forgive you for posting what you did. But we do get people who come here to stir up unfound rumours that Microsoft is pulling out of FS. It's been around for nearly 20 years and is their most popular leisure title.It is only written that the FS does not play such a huge part at MS Games as ome of us think.It doesn't perhaps appeal to the shoot 'em up kids as it doesn't have any explosions or guns. But it is very popular with serious pilots and controllers. Many retired pilots buy FS and love what it gives them.Our Radar Contact team includes real world pilots and controllers to ensure realism.I think they do not pay as much attention to the product as we think because the money MS earns by selling Games is not huge compared to the other MS Products.FS isn't going to make Microsoft the same sort of money that XP, Vista or Office will. Of course not. But that doesn't mean it isn't popular or that it won't continue for many years.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest XQ-NUE

There is no doubt FS is a popular product and I think there is also no doubt that FS will continue to develope new version. Of course they will.My first statement is written in a confusion way you are right but I think now you know what I was talking about :-)Best regards

Welcome to the converted who think FS will always be around. ;-)All's well that ends well. :-) And my apologies if I was a bit harsh on your original post but you can see it's a very emotive issue with us.Regards,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather