Sign in to follow this  
Guest captandy

BEEN AWAY IS FS9 STILL WORTH KEEPING

>> FSX may prove useful for helicopters and>>other slow flyers for the visuals.>>Slow is realitive.... :D >>In real life, my hangar is surrounded by biz, commercial, and>military pilots who fly experimentals such as Van's RV's and>Lancairs on the weekends/days off. The commercial airline>pilot who shares the other half of my hangar flies a Pitt's>M-12 with a nine cylinder Russian radial.>>Therefor, at around 200 mph, FSX is usually far more appealing>in the visual department than FS9. I simply cannont stand FS9>in comparison when sim flying about 5000' agl. It shows it's>age, even with so many 3rd party addon's. This is why, I run>both simulations, and shall continue to do so.>>In real life, it's apparent, that many commercial pilots seem>to become bored with their day to day "jobs", and yearn for>the chance to fly a bit lower again! :-hah >>So get FSX and see that everything doesn't need to be viewed>from 35,000' and above..... :)>>L.Adamson --- Van's RV6AThis is something I have to agree with, FSX is better in the "visual departement", no doubt, so if you like GA flying up to let's say 15000 feet then FSX is not so bad.However, if you are into commercial flying simmulation like me, then FSX is a killer, on my laptop I run 100% AI with crowded airports such as Kennedy, Frankfurt, Heathrow and so on. FS9 handles this fluidly, no problems with major add-ons. When you consider that 90% of the time is spent on the ramp and at high altitudes then FS9 is a better choice.Frankly I was disapointed that FSX didn't bring much to the faulty ATC and weather engine. Personnally, I'd keep my fingers crossed and wait for FS11.just my 0.02 turkish liras :)

FS9 still kicks FSX *ss!Great add-ons & perfornce to dream off, what more could you want? Yup, we even got TileProxy for FS9 these days...Have you tried this bloom tweak (for GTA but works perfectly for FS9)?Check out this foum topic:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=275601&page=4Greatly improves the graphics!Sascha

FS9 is still active for developers. You can also get great sales now a days for add-ons products. I'm sure we all go through this small depression feeling when we see many add-ons growing everyday for FSX and know someday FS9 will be on our shelves with other MSFS. Cheers'T. Headlam

>I have been away from simming for about 5 mths or so ever>since my SATA RAPTOR CRASHED I am on the last stages of>finishig a recuild/update.The biggest change is I am going>form a E6600 t0 the E8500 with 4 gig RAM. I decided to keep XP>and I own both FS9 and FSX ultimate but have helved the latter>2xs when it first came out.I have much dinero invested in FS8>as I know a lot of you do as well and I was just wondering>since FSX has matured would ir be worth taking anothe crack at>it. I prefer flying the heavies with all of the great addons I>have for FS9 with all sliders maxed even with the E6600. How>many recently have tried both again and turned back to FS9 and>for what reasons. I also posted a similar topic in the FSX>forum and I always felt that it is more unbiased over with the>relics Thanks in advance>>Andy Yes.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

>FS9 is still active for developers. You can also get great>sales now a days for add-ons products. I'm sure we all go>through this small depression feeling when we see many add-ons>growing everyday for FSX and know someday FS9 will be on our>shelves with other MSFS. >>Cheers'>T. HeadlamHi,But if you look closely on all, so called "FSX addons" here in the Avsim library, only a tiny percentage are infact FSX addons. Most of them are FS9 addons compatible with FSX. But for some strange reason, the developers get it all mixed up...."FSX addon compatible with FS9" which is not accurate. It only confuses a whole lot of simmers who can not find what they are looking for.

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/banner_sa_2008_s.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3,33GHz FSB 1333MHz LGA775, Asus P5Q Intel P45 ATX DDR2 PC6400 800MHz 4096MB, Asus Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+ 512MB DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP3, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"Samsung 750GB SATA HDD 8MB, Samsung 250GB ATA , Maxtor 120GB ATA, All 7200rpmLacie 250Gb Extern HD, Cooler Master ATX Chassis, 550W Power supplyBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Guest Sport

This thread may answer my question that I came here for. I have not had either installed for over a year because of a HD space shortage. In that time I picked a couple sets of Mega Scenery and Traffic for FS9. I also now have FSX that came in a Ebay software bundle. I do not have the latest machine, a P4 H/T and a ATI 7800 Pro 256k card. It seem to me, based on what I am reading here, that I need to load up FS9 and forget FSX. Will my Southern and Northern Cal Megas look better than the Stock FSX? I am not into heavies. Sport

>No brainer for me. Keep FS9 and give FSX to your son. :-lol>

>regards>>Ed>>aka Capt. P[/font color][font>color=brown]i[/font color]c[/font>color]a[/font color][font>color=purple]s[/font color]s[/font>color]o[/font color]>>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/ede...008EdwardV3.png>My>Videos] >>AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD >512Mb GDDR3 Nvidia 8800GT OC, Audigy 2 ZS>Viewsonic VP2130b 21.3" LCD>[/font colorAbsolutly...Im love FS9 and what has been the biggest success for MS flight sim.Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

FSX has a really cartoonish look to me. I would be really interested in a tileproxy type sim for flying GA.I am very happy to keep FS9 for my heavies as FSX is no improvement (in fact the opposite) for me. :(I do like flying GA as well and I'm sure like other RW GA pilots we would love a sim that was real as a tileproxy type sim.Low and slow would become exciting for me if I could practise RW VFR for RW GA flying.I have been looking at our own Geofa's RW/FSXSIM compare's.I would like to see Geofa do RW/FSXTileproxy compare's as FSX even with addons does not cut it for me.

"How many recently have tried both again and turned back to FS9 and for what reasons"I have recently re-re-re-reinstalled FSX, now with a more capable system, but still keep FS9 around for when I get the itch to fly the heavies. I would absolutely love to stick with FS9 exclusively, especially with all of the $$$ I have invested in it, but I just prefer how FSX looks at low altitudes, especially on approach. GEPro worked wonders in FS9, but not below 3-5,000 ft. For what very little it's worth, I think it is a good idea to run both sims, that is assuming you have the room for them.

"----Low and slow would become exciting for me if I could practise RW VFR for RW GA flying."------------------Ed- are these FS9 pics low and slow enough?Alex ReidDreamFleet Bonanza, FS9, Athlon 1.8 GeForceFX5200 GPUsOn the approach to Stewart British Columbiahttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193633.jpgSummertime at Stewart BChttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193634.jpg

>"----Low and slow would become exciting for me if I could>practise RW VFR for RW GA flying."----->------------->Ed- are these FS9 pics low and slow enough?>Alex Reid>DreamFleet Bonanza, FS9, Athlon 1.8 GeForceFX5200 GPUs>On the approach to Stewart British Columbia>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193633.jpg>>Summertime at Stewart BC>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193634.jpg>Hello Alex, your pics and rig are wonderful but what I meant was to be able to fly over your own house and see it really there in the sim for example.....all the little landmarks as you fly around your local airport really there....the fields the right colour the right trees, roads, water etc etc etc.On google maps you can even see our horse in the field! :-eek

"----On google maps you can even see our horse in the field!"----------Ed - hope it's the correct end of the horse!Your pics too are most enjoyable! Thank YOU!I post these screenies to alert single monitor simmers to the wasted power in their computers.Consider my car- with driver alone and pedal to the metal, I can reach 100 mph. Add 2 or 3 passengers and the old girl may get up to 90. Not as fast but not bad either. There was untapped potential to move people- the real purpose of an automobile.Same with our sim computers. If you measure sim performance by pixels delivered to our eyes per second, my triple monitors show a net 150% gain in output over single mon. Same 'puter/same FS settings. My eyes confirm the 150% gain in scenery quality!!!As the accountants would say "that's value for money!"And yes, when our sim scenery fidelity equals Google- I'll be there- although at going on 77 it needs to be soon!Cheers Alex Reid

Tile Proxy, Maps2Bgl all nice programms, through which you can see your own house in the sim but only 2D and which make the scenery awful looking when flying below 2500 AGL! So nothing for really low and slow flying.If once FS?? will have photorealistic sceneries combined with autogen ... then I will probably upgrade :-)!Wolfgang