Sign in to follow this  
Guest aldrei.zanette

ACS MD 11 Panel - TCAS not working

Guest aldrei.zanette

Guys.I managed to install the ACS Panel on my MD11(IFDG)m but I can't get the TCAS to work.Instead of the TCAS I hava a red "X".Any ideas???Reagards,AZLondon

>Guys.>>I managed to install the ACS Panel on my MD11(IFDG)m but I>can't get the TCAS to work.>>Instead of the TCAS I hava a red "X".>>Any ideas???>>Reagards,>>AZ>LondonHelloIt definitely does work.I haven't used this panel for a long time now,but as you are probably finding out it is big step up from your normal freeware offering(very detailed).I will load up my sim and see if I can find out how to activate the tcas and post back to you.There is a lot of right clicking in use for this panel as well so a good fiddling session will usually bring results.I have enjoyed using ACs creation,but like a lot of detailed panels some of the detail is small and hard to read(for me anyway)so I rarely use it now.However if your a young whippersnapper with lazer eyes you should enjoy it.:-)

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest aldrei.zanette

Thanks.looking foward to "hearing from you".Regards,Aldrei

>Thanks.>>looking foward to "hearing from you".>>Regards,>>AldreiHelloGetting the tcas to work is no problem,but trying to explain it may be difficult.I am opening FS9 now and will see what i can do.Hang on sir.

>>Thanks.>>>>looking foward to "hearing from you".>>>>Regards,>>>>Aldrei>>Hello>Getting the tcas to work is no problem,but trying to explain>it may be difficult.>I am opening FS9 now and will see what i can do.>Hang on sir.Right here goesI am looking at the cockpit display.I am looking at the display that shows TCAS off.IF you look above that display you will see two grey round knobs(BAROSET and MINIMUMS and next to them five switches displaying vertically.You don't want those.but next to these there are four more and the one you want has MD(I think) and next to it VR click the MD switch that will change the display in the panel that is showing TCAS OFF to a new display (still showing TCAS OFF)in the bottom left of that display is a clear box with a white surround click 1 to 3 times to activate TCAS or turn off again.(ps the main display should show a large red cross in the middle)the white box is bottom left.I F that lot makes any sense you will have TCAS.CHEERS andy

Guest aldrei.zanette

Thank you very much.Really appreciate your help.I'm gonna print your instructions out and I'll try tonight at home.Let you know tomorrow.Thanks once again,Regards,Aldrei

Aldrei,I used that panel myself a while back and loved it except I nearly drove myself crazy with minimizing the sim every 10 seconds so I could look something up in that gargantuan readme file. I finally made myself a copy of it in html format that I could read from the kneeboard in flight. It has something like 30 links at the top of the page that will quickly scroll you to any particular section of the readme.Here's a link, hope you can get some use out of it. There's a readme in the .zip that tells you how to install it as a kneeboard reference page.http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/downloa...CS_knee_ref.zipJim

Guest aldrei.zanette

Hi.Thank you very much.I followed your instructions and it worked, the TCAS is working as I alwayus wanted to.Tonight I'm gonna take my MD11 for a nice ride.Thank you again for your help, much appreciated.regards,Aldrei

>Hi.>>Thank you very much.>>I followed your instructions and it worked, the TCAS is>working as I alwayus wanted to.>>Tonight I'm gonna take my MD11 for a nice ride.>>Thank you again for your help, much appreciated.>>regards,>>AldreiHello AldreiI am glad you got your tcas working.I don't know how familiar you are with other aspects of running this panel but be aware that when entering Speeds ,HDGs, ALT etc into your autopilot unlike most panels the RIGHT click of the mouse plays a major part.I cant remember exactly the sequences ,but just remember RIGHT CLICK if things do not seem to be working.If you fiddle about you are sure to get it sorted out in time.PS i seem to remember OVERLAND (normally payware I think)did a nice freeware MD11 model.PPS Although this panel comes with a rather mahoosive manual,I found that by taking a nice long flight you can suss most things out by fiddling about (I hate manuals)and just dipping into the manual for specific points ie the flight director bit is probably worth a look.PPPS get an earhole full of the lovely musak that comes with the panelfor taxxing and after landing as well.Groovy or what. Andy