Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

A2A Simulations Shockwave Lights

I have installed the lights for the PSS777 & PSS757 asper the user edits in A2A's forum. While the aircrafts are on the ground all looks well, however soon after takeoff I get a duplicate set of red & green nav lights underthe wing tips. I have removed all the PSS fx files from the effects folder. Would be grateful to hear from anyone who has managed to sort out this problem. A2A's forum doesn'tprovide any answers to this issue even though other peoplehave posted about this issue.Thanks & regards

Guest lgvpilot1

Shockwave lights + wingflex=:-eek :-hmmm :-mad Nope I never did find a setup I could live with.I found it was either live with two sets of lights ,or dont install them,so to be honest i gave up with them in the end. I hope someone has or finds a solution Mark

You'll always get this in models what have wingflex, as the effects are hardcoded to the model. I don't think there's a workaround. At least I have never come across one.

Its nothing to do with PSS light effects. The lights below the wingtips are the A2A 3D lights. Now I'm not familiar with PSS models but this situation is quite typical. The original lights are built in the model which vertically flex with the wings. Your new 3D lights config will remain at rest in its fixed position below the wing. If PSS have a navgreen.fx or what have you. Rename the A2A 3dlights effect to the PSS light effects of your choice.Make backups of your file ofcourse.Cheers'http://ny.connectelectric.net-a.googlepages.com/1.jpghttp://ny.connectelectric.net-a.googlepage.../fsluserbar.jpgAmerican HaulerT. Headlam

Thanks for the replies. As regards wingflex it seems that thePMDG 747 has been fixed. I've tried one of the edits and sofar have not found any errors, mind you testing has not been extensive.Regards

There is a partial solution to that problem.The wing strobes are the lights mainly affected by wingflex.So you must install your lights via coordinates for the flexed (in-flight) wings.The disadvantage is that while on the ground, the strobes will blink a bit in the air over the wingtips.But it should not be a major problem since you don't use strobes much on the ground.They are usually turned on when entering the active and off when vacating it after landing.So they work correctly for 99.9% of the flight.As a test of what I'm saying check it with the Level-D 763ER:Here's my config:[Lights]light.0 = 4, 81, 1.4, 5.1, LVLD_VCLight2 light.1 = 4, 81, -1.4, 5.1, LVLD_VCLight2 light.2 = 5, 30, 9.5, -2.6, Fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_xenon light.3 = 5, 30, -9.5, -2.6, Fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_xenon light.4 = 5, 75, -1, -7.50, Fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_xenon light.5 = 5, 75, 1, -7.50, Fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_xenonlight.10 = 2, -22.00, 78.10, 5.0, fx_shockwave_strobe_l_2_nl light.11 = 2, -22.00, -78.10, 5.0, fx_shockwave_strobe_l_2_nllight.14 = 1, 51.0, 0, 9.8, fx_shockwave_beaconh light.15 = 1, 3.5, 0, 3.0, fx_shockwave_beaconb Here's another for Posky 777-200ER v2:[lights]light.0 = 1, 28.5, 0, 12.4, fx_Shockwave_beaconh light.1 = 1, 4.75, 0, -9, fx_Shockwave_beaconb light.2 = 3, -112.0, 0.0, 4.500, fx_Shockwave_navwhi , light.3 = 4, 86.502, 0, 5.4, Opensky_747_vclight light.4 = 2, -112.0, 0.0, 8.500, fx_shockwave_strobe, light.5 = 4, 86.502, -2.2, 5.328, Opensky_747_vclight light.6 = 4, 86.502, 2.2, 5.328, Opensky_747_vclight light.7 = 5, 12.5, 23, 0, Opensky_nacelle_refl light.8 = 5, 12.5, -23, 0, Opensky_nacelle_refl light.9 = 5, 26, 12, -2.0, fx_Shockwave_landing_light light.10 =5, 26, -12, -2.0, fx_Shockwave_landing_light light.11 =2, -40.0, 98.5, 12.2, fx_Shockwave_strobe_l_nl light.12 =2, -40.0, -98.5, 12.2, fx_Shockwave_strobe_2_nlBest regards,Rafal