Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

How to close a runway w AFCAD

Good afternoon,Could some kind soul help me out with a problem I have at KMDW? I am using Fly Tampa's KMDW (FS9) and right now ATC is landing 737s and 757s on runway 13R/31L which is only 3900ft long. I am pretty sure there is no way to restrict ATC from landing a certain kind of aircraft on a particular runway, so what I'd like to do is just close this runway altogether. I went into the runway properties in AFCAD and checked the closed for takeoff/landing boxes for both ends of the runway and for some reason I still have traffic landing on them. What is the correct procedure for closing down a runway completely? Thnx!!!

Also delete the start locations at each end of the runway.You might also find removing the black link line down the center of the runway helps, or change it to a taxiway or an apron path.