Sign in to follow this  
Old Bill

Thanks John!

Got some time to play and explore the World of FS2004. My Main method of adding scenery is to fly over an interesting Airport and see if there is anything available on the two main sites AVSIM and Flightsim.com. Today on a jaunt from Huntsville Alabama to Boone North Carolina, I find myself over Chatanooga KCHA at 10,000 feet. I cancel my flightplan and circle on down to land expecting to find an interesting Airport. After all, Chatanooga is not exactly the Back Woods. But the default scenery is plain Vanilla. Ultimate Traffic has given Me an AFCAD that has plenty of parking for the scheduled Airlines, (some of course are inside the default buildings), but at least the trafic is showing up as the parking is sufficient. My search reveals an AFCAD by Smith Graphics, (he has been producing three to four a day in the past weeks), and a scenery by John Loney. Up front John say's it's not truly accurate but it sure beats the default scenery. Being around Flight sim a long time, one of the addons I have purchased is Lago's program of airport objects. (I have recently read some disparaging remarks about them.)But when the program is working, it's a great little addon. John Loney uses Lago a great deal in His airport scenery, and in looking over my added sceneries, I find a lot of John's work. He has added a lot of fun and Eye Candy to my enjoyment of the Hobby. I like to take this opportunity to thank John for all His Work. I shall continue my exploration of the less populated Areas of the United Sates and hope to find more of John's gems as I do so. Now I wonder if I can land this Beech 300 in Boone, NC. I seem to remember it as a very short runway with forboding Mountains on either end. Thanks again John.Bill :-beerchug

Guest johnnyb1

Hi Bill,Thanks for the kudos. Chattanooga seems so long ago. Makes a fella feel good to know my work is still giving Flight Simmers some fun. I haven't been on the forum in so long, but after I was told about your post, I had to come on and say thamks.John B Loney Jr (JohnnyB1)

Guest RonB49

It is good to see you here John. Let me add my thanks to Bill's. Your work is appreciated. R-